Airfix 2015 Pt 2

Wez

Perhaps some other versions of the Dornier 17 will be released. I would still like to see Airfix release a kit of the Do17P even though I recently made one by crossing the old Airfix and Monogram kits together, the long nosed Yugoslav version would also be interesting although perhaps not a great seller.

Perhaps some other versions of the Dornier 17 will be released. I would still like to see Airfix release a kit of the Do17P even though I recently made one by crossing the old Airfix and Monogram kits together, the long nosed Yugoslav version would also be interesting although perhaps not a great seller.

You mean this one ?

http://rsmodels.cz/en/modely-letadel/plastikove-modely/1-72/92031/dornier-do-17-k

Fortunately today we modellers can count on the Eastern European manufacturers for the more exotic subjects

• Like 1

Shame about the advent calender, but I suspect Airfix feel it may have run its course as a sales tool as a teaser. I am not sure when the Airfix annoucements are due, butl Hornby train annoucements are due on 17th Dec after an annoucement of three or so items at the Warley Model railway show a couple of weeks back

I think Airfix are just teasing us with this advent calendar, I hope that when we get to the 24th there'll be a great big list of new shiny things for us to ooh and aah at, especially when they announce their new 1/72nd scale Beaufighter.

In the meantime there'll be much wailing and gnashing of teeth!

Wez

• Like 1

You mean this one ?

http://rsmodels.cz/en/modely-letadel/plastikove-modely/1-72/92031/dornier-do-17-k

Fortunately today we modellers can count on the Eastern European manufacturers for the more exotic subjects

Yes this is the Dornier I was speaking of. I don't like these eastern European manufacturers very much though, I have had a number of bad experiences with them and for their money they are very expensive.

You mean this one ?

Hey ? What do you mean - Eastern Europe ? Czech Republic isn't Eastern Europe. We are CENTRAL EUROPE. And Mother Prague is Hearth of Europe.... Eastern Europe is Ukraine, Russia.... but not Czech Republic. We are successor of Czech Kingdom... No we aren't EASTERN EUROPE. We are Central Europe or Western Europe, but not Eastern... And two times in history was Prague heart of the Holy Roman Empire by times of Carl IV. from Luxembourg and Rudolph II. from Habsburg.... Here begin and ending wars...( War of reformation in 15.th century, Thirty years war in 17th. century and WW II... We are first Hitler victim...and last battle of WW II in Europe was in our territory.) WE AREN'T EASTERN EUROPE !!!! NOT NOT NOT !!!!

Bahhh, Airfix advent calendar is bad joke.... dead Santa, sweaters...etc...

Edited by AlCZ
  • Like 8

Hey ? What do you mean - Eastern Europe ? Czech Republic isn't Eastern Europe. We are CENTRAL EUROPE. And Mother Prague is Hearth of Europe.... Eastern Europe is Ukraine, Russia.... but not Czech Republic. We are successor of Czech Kingdom... No we aren't EASTERN EUROPE. We are Central Europe or Western Europe, but not Eastern... And two times in history was Prague heart of the Holy Roman Empire by times of Carl IV. from Luxembourg and Rudolph II. from Habsburg.... Here begin and ending wars...( War of reformation in 15.th century, Thirty years war in 17th. century and WW II... We are first Hitler victim...and last battle of WW II in Europe was in our territory.) WE AREN'T EASTERN EUROPE !!!! NOT NOT NOT !!!!

Well that's us put in our place.

Wow!

............. So where are you from again??

Just joking - well said and Merry Christmas to all the Central, Eastern, Western, Southern and Northern Europeans... (oh - and the Scots).

Cheers .. Dave

• Like 5

:lol: Could have been worse!! I am Scottish. My native country is Scotland . There is a separate, foreign, uncivilised , barbarian country called England a bit to the south of us! And yet, many foreigners are incapable of distinguishing my beautiful little country from the rest of the island!! They think I AM ENGLISH AND, THAT I LIVE IN ENGLAND!!!!! :angrysoapbox.sml: So, I totally sympathise with you!!.

Allan

• Like 4

............. So where are you from again??

Just joking - well said and Merry Christmas to all the Central, Eastern, Western, Southern and Northern Europeans... (oh - and the Scots).

Cheers .. Dave

And, from this Scot to you..... :cheers:

Allan

• Like 1

:lol: Could have been worse!! I am Scottish. My native country is Scotland . There is a separate, foreign, uncivilised , barbarian country called England a bit to the south of us! And yet, many foreigners are incapable of distinguishing my beautiful little country from the rest of the island!! They think I AM ENGLISH AND, THAT I LIVE IN ENGLAND!!!!! :angrysoapbox.sml: So, I totally sympathise with you!!.

Allan

You should try being Welsh....!!

Keith

• Like 1

You should try being Welsh....!!

Keith

Wales is a mostly beautiful place and it would be difficult to argue otherwise, Scotland on the other hand is like some old poo stained mattress that has been thrown over England's garden fence :evil_laugh:

Edited by old thumper
  • Like 2

Wales is a mostly beautiful place and it would be difficult to argue otherwise, Scotland on the other hand is like some old poo stained old mattress that has been thrown over England's garden fence :evil_laugh:

You'll have my northern Celtic brethren up in arms & breaking out the woad with fighting talk like that...!! :boxing::D

• Like 2

Anyway, veering slightly back to topic, has the much maligned advent calendar been taken down? I tried to access the website about half an hour ago, & it's still trying to load the home page. When I searched 'advent calendar' it gave 'no results'!!

Well, I'm glad you clarified that, I'm sure I'll never refer to the Czech Republic as Eastern Europe again. Promise.

'Could have been worse!! I am Scottish. My native country is Scotland . There is a separate, foreign, uncivilised , barbarian country called England a bit to the south of us! And yet, many foreigners are incapable of distinguishing my beautiful little country from the rest of the island!! They think I AM ENGLISH AND, THAT I LIVE IN ENGLAND!!!!! :angrysoapbox.sml: So, I totally sympathise with you!!.'

Didn't someone once say that the best thing to come out of Scotland was the road to England? :whistle:

Edited by 593jones
  • Like 1

Anyway, veering slightly back to topic, has the much maligned advent calendar been taken down? I tried to access the website about half an hour ago, & it's still trying to load the home page. When I searched 'advent calendar' it gave 'no results'!!

Hi Keith,

If I try to open the Airfix homepage on my PC, I'm getting the silver rotating wagon wheel where the link to the Advent Calendar should be, but if type in the URL for the advent calendar itself it loads OK (http://www.airfix.com/calendar-2014).

Hope this helps

Ant

• Like 1

Hi Keith,

If I try to open the Airfix homepage on my PC, I'm getting the silver rotating wagon wheel where the link to the Advent Calendar should be, but if type in the URL for the advent calendar itself it loads OK (http://www.airfix.com/calendar-2014).

Hope this helps

Ant

Thanks Ant, just did that - & wished I hadn't bothered!

Keith

Wales is a mostly beautiful place and it would be difficult to argue otherwise, Scotland on the other hand is like some old poo stained mattress that has been thrown over England's garden fence :evil_laugh:

:lol: Get yourself up here mate & it will be whisky bottles at dawn !! Empties of course - we'll need to drink the contents first!

Allan

I've told you, it's just a wind up before they announce their 1/72nd scale Beaufighter X/10 with Coastal Command/Malaya Operations options - you'll all be happy when that's announced! :D

• Like 4