Airfix 2015 Pt 2

Wez

Well that's totally weird! It was there! And a few minutes later it vanished! But it was a single engined prop that was loosely wrapped in Xmas paper, but there was something about the shape of the outer mainplane that said "Corsair"

Looks like a loosely wrapped Defiant to me....

S

The so called 3 blade prop is just the way the paper is folded.

Look at the far end (tail) does it look like its at an angle........ like the tail plane of a Beaufighter (late) ?????

• Like 1

The so called 3 blade prop is just the way the paper is folded.

Look at the far end (tail) does it look like its at an angle........ like the tail plane of a Beaufighter (late) ?????

Why are we even talking about this I hear myself ask. But seeing as we are then for the reason given above it looks like a Beaufighter, it also looks like a short nosed twin to me.

I don't think that the tail is tall enough for a corsair. Have they just wrapped the Defiant? Whatever, its definitely 3 bladed, single engined and a tail sitter...

I think your probably right and its the Defiant, but its a bit of a pointless exercise with what we have been given to identify the type.

I was approached at Telford by Airfix who were very interested in my Phantom FG1 892 NAS & asked many questions about it . several photos were taken & I was told about a new book by them on the Phantom . So who nows may be there will be one. regards Len

Sure that's not Airfix Model World as opposed to Airfix, as their publishers have issued a book on modelling the Phantom.

I hope it was Airfix, maybe the recently repainted example at Yeovilton in 892 markings may have stirred their interest, however its possible they may be doing research for a 2016/2017 or even 2018 model rather than a 2015 release.

We'll just have to wait till Christmas time and the announcement of their 2015 Catalogue.

I think your probably right and its the Defiant, but its a bit of a pointless exercise with what we have been given to identify the type.

I'll agree: it seems 'typical' of whoever is masterminding the calendar to tell/hint to us that which is already known.

Not much fun, this calendar. It does look like a Spartan Executive though which was my first thought, although I couldn't remember its name. However I think this is just a computer generated image and doesn't necessarily calibrate to the actual shape of whatever it actually is.

There's no context as to size, unless someone recognises the wrapping paper and could measure the pattern then extrapolate the size of the mystery object and afterwards thumb through the pages of Putnams to match dimensions.

Oh good grief have I become a tad obsessive?

Nurse! My horse tranquillisers have worn off.......

Trevor of Ward 4B

• Like 2

Well looking at their (Airfix) Facebook link to Adam Tooby's new site it is a Corsair.

Edited by mekon