Airfix 2015 Pt 2

Wez

Good news, there will be an Airfix advent calendar but unfortunately because of production problems we won't see it until late January. I am sure there will be something for everyone from Airfix in 2015 and the years to follow, just not everything. The way things are at the moment Airfix are spoilt for choice over what new kits to release each year, how many years will it take at the current rate of production before Airfix run out of popular subjects for new kits?

Advent? Schmadvent! Do they know it's Christmas?

I received Airfix's "Black Friday" Sale email... I noted the following kit in there that was DEEEEEEEPLY discounted:

The venerable 1/72 Hampden (went from 14.99 to 3.99 sterling)

Could it be that Airfix will be releasing a new tool Hampden in 2015 to go along with the Defiant? :)

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 3

I would only be a temporary relief: as soon as the 2015 releases are all announced we'll find a way to get into misery again discussing the potential news for 2016 :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I'll be changing the name of the thread accordingly - just so that we can prolong our agony.

• Like 3

When the kit was planned, the idea of doing a subject that was set to be used by the USAF (and the hope was that the initial 11 would lead to a much bigger order) would have been a good idea. The RAF order was four years away.

Good point. I had forgotten that.

I received Airfix's "Black Friday" Sale email... I noted the following kit in there that was DEEEEEEEPLY discounted:

Could it be that Airfix will be releasing a new tool Hampden in 2015 to go along with the Defiant? :)

Cheers,

Dave

Stands to reason! I just bought a couple

on ebay recently!!

Allan

Cheers,

Dave

More likely its due out of the 2015 Catalogue and they are using the Black Friday sale to clear the surplus stock, much in the same way they cleared stocks prior to the warehouse move. They would probably consider a re-tool rather than a re-issue next time its out if sales warranted it but I don't think it will be 2015.

Cheers,

Dave

Would be great - a new tool Hampden in 1:72 will vastly increase the chances of a new tool Hampden in 1:48 :thumbsup:

Rene

Did anyone else see the BoB Experience set reduced to £9.99?

I presume that's going to be the last of the old-tool metal-winged Hurricanes in 1/72 gone, hopefully that increases the likelihood of a new one for 2015.

I think the 1/48 hurricane was on the list as well.

Tom

• Like 1

Well it's the Black Friday sale that currently has Airfix's attention this weekend, but hopefully on Monday we'll see if they launch another Advent Calendar to tease us in the run up to Christmas and the 2015 line up due just afterwards.

Some factors we'll need to remember whilst awaiting the 2015 catalogue line up, are that the detail and quality seems to improve with each kit, which makes each new kit especially nice to savour, the down side of this is the manufacturing needs to be able to deliver these new tooling's defect free to maintain the standard. It appears this latter external factor has had an impact on the Airfix 2014 line up, yes they have just about managed to get all the new tooling ready and out by the end of 2014, but its been cut fine and some re-tooling's and alternative boxings have been delayed into Qtr1 2015. The question therefore with their manufacturing QC issues of the 3rd Party producers, will Airfix have to scale back their plans slightly for 2015 releases/re-issues to factor in for the manufacturing delays ?

I must admit I am very excited about the next Advent Calendar but I think I am not the only one ..

No, you're not the only one. We've had so much fun over the last couple of years. What's the betting that Airfix "accidentally" provide a back door to the whole thing? :D

No, you're not the only one. We've had so much fun over the last couple of years. What's the betting that Airfix "accidentally" provide a back door to the whole thing? :D

Well the "accidental" glimpses have worked brilliantly to ramp up the excitement in 2012 and 2013 and generate thousands of clicks and hundreds of pages of speculation, so I assume they'll either do it again for the same reason (accidentally) or not do it (accidentally) to increase the tension to unbearable levels.

:bounce:

Shane

• Like 2

OR the three kits announced are the only new releases........

I have to say that should this happen, I'd be still happy enough ! Actually the Sea King alone really would be enough for me to be happy with the program. In the end I've yet to buy some of the 2014 releases I'm interested in.

The huge number of new releases from Airfix in the last few years was sure good, but it was also much needed to bring the catalogue up to what the competition could offer in terms of modern kits. Now the catalogue looks much better from this point of view, they may well decide to slow down a bit on the new releases.

• Like 2