Italian light cavalry tank 1/35

This is the Italeri 1/35 scale Carro Armato L6/40.

I've added both aftermarket resin and PE, along with the ever popular Friul metal tracks.   Also replaced/added a number of resin rivets.

----------------------------------------------

As early as 1936, the shortcomings of the L3 tankettes were being realized by Fiat-Ansaldo.  Working towards a replacement fast light tank, many delays were experienced in theories, design, and initial production. This would result in the L6/40 arriving on the battlefield as an already  obsolete vehicle.

14813955602_2843e98a02_o.jpg

One of the first units to be equipped in large numbers with the L6/40 would be the cavalry regiment Lancieri di Novara (as I've depicted here).  Only it's third battalion would serve in North Africa, while the other two were sent to Russia. During the Gazala battles of 1942, it was composed of two companies totaling 33 tanks.  It was attached as a recon unit to the Ariete armoured division, but later would transfer to the newly arrived Littorio as was originally intended.

14811219191_da1fcb4a1e_o.jpg

14627597780_712120846f_o.jpg

14791306546_0736b0465e_o.jpg

14627641069_1983147f02_o.jpg

14811212691_3537df6e46_o.jpg

14627666528_5064174a2b_o.jpg

14814306955_b7a0085ac8_o.jpg

14791299476_64be359368_o.jpg

14791296256_5401260953_o.jpg

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG
  • Like 62
  • Thanks 2

Brilliant, When I looked at that first picture I thought that was so realistic and then realised that was the build. Excellent work and the figures for 1/35 painting work is top notch. One of the best. :clap2:

Great work, especially on the figures. Very well done.

That is incredible. I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't some sort of re-enactment photo that had been played about with. The work on the figures is absolutely breathtaking!

Beautiful paint on those figures Jack, and the tank is superb as well. (The guy on the left looks like an Italian Moriarty)

Sean

OMG!! WOW!! NO WAY!! - That is just sooooo unbelievably good and given that it is quite a small tank in 1:35 scale you have done an absolutely amazing job with it!! I don't think it is possible for ANYONE to improve on your figure painting sir, it is that good - up there with the masters and worthy of any Gold Medal for sure!!

Love the photoshoot as well, superbly done and that first photo is totally realistic. Well done sir - I will be looking out for any future builds from you!!

Kev.

Edited by Mr Modeller

What a fantastic and interesting model and the figures are possibly the best I`ve ever seen,....cudos to you,..well done!

Cheers

Tony

HL-10, fredben, Paulo, Neil, Andrew, chacho72, Dan, Lee, Mitch, batcode, Sean, Houston, Kev, and Tony:

- wow guys, thanks so much for the positive responses (as well as all the 'likes'). I wasn't sure how well received the subject matter would be, but am certainly glad to have shared it here with you all. Again, thanks kindly from across the pond.

regards,
Jack

If you had only posted the top photo we would all be asking "Nice picture, now where's the model you built?" Stunning build and the figures are amazing.

I have been AFK (away from keyboard) for a while tackling the wildlife haven that is my garden. I had a look today and stopped in my tracks when I came across your post. What a stunner!! Your praise from the other members is fully justified. Well done.

I am curious about your lack of confidence concerning the subject matter. The Italian army deserves as much attention as any other of WWII. Apart from being badly prepared for the war in the desert they have a proud military history and continue to contribute to UN operations today. I once neglected to stop at an army checkpoint going into Italy from Yugoslavia and had a pistol drawn on me.

One of my wife's fondest memories. But again, congratulations!

Mac

AgentG and Mac - thanks!

Regarding WW2 Italian subject matter, I just find that there isn't a regular stream of built vehicles being posted on forums, least not the ones I frequent. So I guess people are interested, given the view count and replies found here, just that the kits are at the bottom of their stash pile?

regards,

Jack