22 squadron HAR 10

Normal proviso 5ft away

Italeri kit with airways nose decals from the spares box still need to do the serial number. (out of modeldecal black numbers) Rotorhead doesn't look right if assembled so modified it to look better but there isn't any control rods as try as i might they always looked wrong

Chap about 7 miles away has just got the only flyable whirlwind in europe flying on the airshow circuit so may offer it to him for his desk.

I know the windscreen is wrong but these kits are like rocking horse s*** so wont even try as there is no chance of a replacement..

Rodders

har1.jpg

har2.jpg

har3.jpg

har4.jpg

• Like 15

Very nice Rodders, Well done. I do wish Italeri would re-release these kits

As do I :(

A trader at the yeovilton show told me it is coming out again. I still have 2 and an airfix one but the Whirlwind and the Wessex are my 2 favourite aircraft

Rodders

I bought an Italeri HO4S from Lucky Model last year. It is the late model S-55/whirlwind with the cranked tail boom.

John

I think you will find that the picture shows a cranked tail boom but in fact the contents are the early non cranked version. Artistic licence used unfortunately. I have the HAS 9 conversion which I am going to use on mine so it is not a problem for me.

The H-19B is the only one with the cranked tail boom (italeri 1206) on it.

Rodders

Here she starting up and lifting off:

Nice one Rodders.

We could do with the Airfix mob running a tape all over her and replacing their ancient offering.

Lovely vid even though it shows i painted the wheels wrong :doh:

Rodders

• 2 weeks later...

Rodders,

You're perfectly right! The HO4S is a straight tail boom!

The Box shows a cranked boom

P1060486_zps3ec9aa1e.jpg

The instructions show a cranked boom

P1060495_zps22a8b36d.jpg

However, the parts are not cranked

P1060491_zpsb0a132cb.jpg

P1060492_zpsfdefcd94.jpg

Here is the cranked boom from a H-19B I have in my stash

P1060493_zps66a259bf.jpg

As well as no crank the HO4s/H-19A tail boom has a thinner tail boom fin (top) than the H-19B (bottom)

P1060494_zpsbd50e4c4.jpg

I'm not impressed by Italeri, I bought the HO4s on good faith and the box art that it was a later model S-55/Whirlwind/H-19B.

John