Matchbox Puma

HL-10

I've got hold of the Matchbox 1/32nd Puma.

Apart from SAC's undercarriage, are there any other aftermarket sets available, or will I have to

get out the plastic card and rod? :)

Many thanks.

• Like 1

As far as I know there is nowt in the aftermarket world for this kit. However Revell did re-release the kit with lots of add ons like the filter intakes and MAWS sensors to make a RAF machine.

Edited by Jabba
  • Like 1

There was a good article (or two) in Scale Models not long after the kit was released showing how to add detail to the cabin and engine and gearbox areas and another more recently in, IIRC, Airfix Model World. Maybe some good soul on here will have copies that they could scan for you.

• Like 2

I built this great old kit and wrote a lengthy article for the USA IPMS Journal. There is nothing svailable at all for this model. I used a set of 1/48 C-47 tire from True details I believe. And Reheat belts for the interior which I rebuilt. Made my own decals

I won the best aircraft model award at the Arborfield Garrison Model Show in 1987 with a Matchbox Puma,......then on the day before the Passing Out Parade some b***ard trashed my bedspace and thought that they would see if it flew or not,.............doh! I`ve never had the heart to build another one since,.....even though I got to fly a real one in 1992!!

I do have one question,.......and sorry to hijack the thread,.......but can you build an RAF Puma using the German Police boxing by Revell? I know that it has different doors on it amongst other things but are the original doors etc still included? If so I might just have a go at another one,

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot

Cheers Steve, in that case I might be tempted to buy one and have another go at it. There was a brilliant build of an RAF Puma a few years ago in a magazine, I think hat it was an early Airfix Modelworld MAG and the finished model was simply brilliant,

Cheers

Tony