Another Dog

This will be the Monogram F-86D Profack built straight from the box with the 'Dennis the Menace' decals.

I will not be able to start for a few weeks because we will have visitors for most of August, and I still have to work out how to post pictures, hopefully SWMBO will help, she posts pictures on Facebook all the time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Morning all, a small update without pictures.

I have made a start with some small sub-assemblies, undercarriage bays, tailpipe, intake trunking and added the fuselage scoops. i intend to use Aclad II chrome for the main finish as all the pictures I have seen of 79FIS F-86Ds show them to have been very shiny, so I want to get the main airframe finished and painted gloss black before I go away in a couple of weeks so that it has plenty of time to cure. Pictures soon (I hope) when I've figured out how to do it.

John

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing your build John - I really like the look of the Sabre Dog. The FAQ section on the forum main page has lots of tutorials for posting pics. Here's the one for Photobucket:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234932831-posting-pictures-in-3xx-using-photobucket/

It's definitely one of those things that requires instructions, not the most intuitive thing in the world.

Best,

JD

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I hope no-one's been holding their breath waiting for an update! I'm afraid I'm going to have to withdraw from this group build,I knew I wouldn't get much done 'til mid September but it hasn't been possible to do much since then either I'm afraid. For various reasons, life has intervened and now it's getting a little damp in my man cave for airbrushing, so I won't make the deadline. I will concentrate instead on getting more done on some of the partially built kits in my stash.

Sorry about that, and good luck to all those in the GB

John