My What-if speculations

Bungled

Please, you will have to excuse the following meandering posts they are here for a reason, perhaps not for best of reasons either. I apologise in advance as I am posting basically to get my post count up !

I recently tried to purchase a kit from the Sales thread but not having very many posts I found the thread locked out to me. The seller, obviously suspicious of a lurker, wanted re-assurances but it seems that the best re-assurance is for me to come out of the shadows and post some of my work.

I am a lurker, in the true sense of the word. I spend a lot of time looking at the exceptional quality of the work done by members on the forum. It is art, it is craft and it is fantastic and that is also the reason why I never submitted anything in the past - my stuff could never be that good, shameful in fact. I do modelling for my own relaxation devoting a minimum of an hour a day to de-stress myself. Not quite 60 I have made the move from an active sports life to painful arthritis from playing injuries and two major operations. Sitting in front of the TV may not drive me mad but my wife, well that's a different, she'd rather I was active in someway.

I am a member of a well known What-if forum so some of these are already 'out-there'. I will keep using BM as my inspiration and hope the following what-ifs are acceptable.

What-if #1

Westland / Grumman F7F-5P Bosscat PR.4

Westland had over estimated the Navy's desire for the Wyvern and had a stockpile of Armstrong Siddeley Python engines and initial considered re-launching the cancelled TF.2 converting it to a photo reconnaissance version. But in a bizarre link up with Grumman, Westland were given several airframes from the Tigercat (F7F-3) project that was scaling down. Unfortunately the F7F-3 was a single seater and the RN's specification required a twin seater. Westland got around this by extending the nose and lengthening the wingspan

Bosscat_2.jpg

Kit is 1/72 scale (as are all my kits bar a very few) Monogram Tigercat, the extended front fuselage is a balsa wood plug as are the engine cowling extensions. Props are from two old Novo Wyverns.

Bosscat_3.jpg

Very rarely do I get the photography right - I wish I could remember how I did this !

Andy

(aka Bungle)

Edited by Bungled
  • Like 14

Andy,

Welcome aboard.

Like the Bosscat and the story behind it.

What else do you have?

We all have bad eyesight so

almost anything may look good!

Unfortunately that's probably my best effort to date, certainly the best photography anyway.

I will be posting a few more and thank you all for your comments.

Hi Andy

welcome to BM and the crazy WhatIf threads.

your first posting is great and certainly meets the mad standards we all try to aim for.

What a great idea for a build, and the story was great too.

Hope to see plenty more from you.

• 7 months later...