Aircraft Museum - Lyon Corbas, France

rom1

Hi,

the visit really worth it.

Not so many planes, but they are very well restorated.

You also have a room with equipments.

You can see some engines too: mirage 2000, concorde, jaguar...

bye

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I was two days ago in this museum, and would like to give my views on it. It's good! There are mostly modern french jets (Fouga Magister, 2 Mirage F1, 2 Mirage III, 2 Jaguars, 1 Mirage 2000B, 1 Mirage IV, 1 Dasault Mystere and 1 Etendard), there is an Ouragan, a T33 and a falcon 20 in restoration. For the older ones, there is a nice Breguet Alizée (the french Gannet ;) ), and two trainiers, the Nord 1101 Ramier and the Morane Saulnier Alcyon, as well some Heli (Alouette II and III, a Sikorsky H19 and a Dechaux). Outside, there is a Nord 262 Frégate which can be visited. And some engines, electronics etc. as well. Access to the aircraft is good, light not so, it was turned off during my visit, but maybe on weekends, its switched on, I assume.

Entry is 7€ for adults, kids under 8 are free. For 1 € you can climb into a cockpit of the Mirage 2000D and a Jaguar. You can't walk freely, apparently for security and liability issues, so you have to do the museum in a group, guided by one of the benevolent helpers of the museum. Since there were not many people, I had my personal guide for the tour. The visit took me a bit more than 2 1/2 hours, but I didn't have my camera with me. So, if you're in Lyon, it's well worth the short trip to corbas!

Alex