She's nearly ready for crossing the pond next week....

David Womby

Oh I do hope that the Lanc flies over me on the Lancs/W.Yorks border,........I`ll be looking just in case!

Cheers

Tony

Edit,....Oh bum,.....I`ve read the above link,....oh well I`d better go looking for them both then!

Edited by tonyot

Is the arrival being televised or streamed online?

Live TV of arrival at Conningsby by Forces TV

Sky 299

Virgin 244

Freesat 652

• Like 1

Live TV of arrival at Conningsby by Forces TV

Sky 299

Virgin 244

Freesat 652

Thankyou very much!

Sadly, I have none of those options!

BBC news has updated its article to say that there's no confirmation on where it will land? :/ That'd be a right dampener for the veterans. It's no small feat getting ~100 90 year olds out for a long day :/

Edited by K404

I assume she is showing a CGVRA on FR24? If so, she is now over England. Welcome home Vera.

Thats her!!

PS: Whos the first with A/M decals for her??

I assume she is showing a CGVRA on FR24? If so, she is now over England. Welcome home Vera.

Not quite 'welcome home' as she was built in Canada (along with many others) and I don't think she ever went to UK before (though IIRC she has a repair made from a section of a Lancaster that did fly combat over Germany).

David

Not quite 'welcome home' as she was built in Canada (along with many others) and I don't think she ever went to UK before (though IIRC she has a repair made from a section of a Lancaster that did fly combat over Germany).

David

A Lancs spiritual home is in the skys above this green and pleasant, She's home.

• Like 1