She's nearly ready for crossing the pond next week....

David Womby

You can follow the journey over http://lancasterbomberale.co.uk/tracker and the full dates are up http://www.warplane.com/lancaster-2014-uk-tour.aspx

Pity there's no fly over Ladybower Dam.

They are both due to fly over Holmfirth, heading south, so going the right way there. Surely someone must have thought that it is a possibility. If they announce it is going to happen, one of the main routes across the Pennines will be blocked with people looking up and pointing cameras.

I really hope they do it, though.

They are both due to fly over Holmfirth, heading south, so going the right way there. Surely someone must have thought that it is a possibility. If they announce it is going to happen, one of the main routes across the Pennines will be blocked with people looking up and pointing cameras.

I really hope they do it, though.

They closed it for the Tour de France, I watched it near there, don't see the significance of flying over Holmfirth, I'll be there if they don't go over Ladybower, but still...

Oh, man..... after the stress of travelling all that distance in a precious plane, they arrive at Coningsby to the sight of 100 Bomber Command veterans.

Rather them than me, seriously. I'd crack up.

There seems to be a tornado or hurricane or some sort of storm heading out over the Atlantic which *may* reach the UK, or possibly slightly further south and reach the European mainland. Will this affect the route the Lanc. is taking?

There seems to be a tornado or hurricane or some sort of storm heading out over the Atlantic which *may* reach the UK, or possibly slightly further south and reach the European mainland. Will this affect the route the Lanc. is taking?

Apparently not though it may affect appearances once here.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/uk-weather-hurricane-bertha-heading-towards-uk-9648289.html

Trevor

If her position is accurate, I can't help but think she'll be later than planned.

More time for the people at Coningsby to talk to the veterans though, silver linings and all..... :D

Where has she gone ? I can't see her on flightradar ?

She was visible off the coast of Iceland approximately 40 minutes ago, but is not showing up now.

I have never used flight radar before so don't know if I'm doing something wrong.... Would love to be at conningsby when she arrived, but live to far away.

Rick

Where has she gone ? I can't see her on flightradar ?

She was visible off the coast of Iceland approximately 40 minutes ago, but is not showing up now.

I have never used flight radar before so don't know if I'm doing something wrong.... Would love to be at conningsby when she arrived, but live to far away.

Rick

Rick, it seems quite common with flight radar. On the trip to Iceland she was OK for the first half hour or so then dropped off.

Just think on the "what's flying over your house" thread...how many times will it be 2 Lancasters ??? :banghead:

Dick

This might explain why.

"Flightradar24 has a network of more than 3,000 ADS-B receivers around the world that receives plane and flight information from aircraft with ADS-B transponders and sends this information to our servers. Due to the high frequency used (1090 MHz) the coverage from each receiver is limited to about 250-400 km (150-250 miles) in all directions depending on location. The farther away from the receiver an aircraft is flying, the higher it must fly to be covered by the receiver. The distance limit makes it very hard to get ADS-B coverage over oceans."

I don't read the rag but had a flick through someone elses on Sunday but according the the cnetre spread on the Fail on Sunday, a chap from Oxford paid a winning bid of £43,000 for the transatlantic flight!!

:jealous:

I don't read the rag but had a flick through someone elses on Sunday but according the the cnetre spread on the Fail on Sunday, a chap from Oxford paid a winning bid of £43,000 for the transatlantic flight!!

:jealous:

A guy called Matthew Munson. He's tweeting away about it https://twitter.com/hashtag/cgvra

Mind you it beats BA's business class .......................