`Iron Fist` Tiger

Calling this one done...., for now anyway.

I need to add the rigging. In the past I`ve used EZ Line for this but it drives me crazy and does not help my blood pressure.

So I`ve just ordered some Albion Alloys Round Nickel Silver Rod 0.2mm which hopefully is rigid enough that you just need to cut to size and stick in. Well, that`s the plan anyway.

For now though.....,

Gloster Gauntlet
K7817
74 (Tiger) Sqn
RAF Hornchurch

IMG_2307_zpsf4d55088.jpg

IMG_2309_zpsca9b8c00.jpg

IMG_2306_zpsb131843c.jpg

IMG_2305_zpsa963ab92.jpg

IMG_2303_zps44a31bc1.jpg

IMG_2300_zps6fae5127.jpg

Now I know that some people like their aircraft to look `factory fresh` but in real life aircraft hardly are and 74`s Gauntlets were no different. In the 2 odd years 74 had Gauntlet`s they were worked very hard culminating in the 1938 finals of the Sir Phillip Sasson Challenge Trophy for Fighter Attack at RAF North Weald. This they won, beating other RAF Sqn`s who were competing in newer Gladiators and Hurricane`s.

• Like 7

very nice work there - I take my hat off to you as I have always failed miserably on bi-plane assembly

Thank you and I know what you mean. It`s taken me a few attempts to get used to it.

Got an hour to myself this morning and finished her. Looks a tad better now.

IMG_2324_zpsea87a27a.jpg

IMG_2325_zpsde941d84.jpg

• Like 1

Oh it looks so much better with rigging,.....well done for going the extra mile as you`ve turned a very good model into a superb looking model! Is this the old Aeroclub 72nd scale kit or the newer AZ Models kit or is it 48th scale?

Cheers

Tony

Cheers guys.

Oh it looks so much better with rigging,.....well done for going the extra mile as you`ve turned a very good model into a superb looking model! Is this the old Aeroclub 72nd scale kit or the newer AZ Models kit or is it 48th scale?

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony, this is the Aeroclub 1/48 kit. The old mincers would have had issue with 1/72... :lol: