This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Robcomet

Hello there!

Hi there!

Thank you for letting me join. I've been a frequent visitor here for a while but I've finally decided to "officially" put my head above the parapet! I have been building models since I was about 9 or 10 and I'm now approaching 40. I have a large stash which I am very pleased with, however, with the birth of my son, who is now 3, I've found an awful lot of my model building time has simply vanished!

I build planes, cars, sci-fi and ships - whatever takes my fancy. I have no interest in tanks and the like though, it doesn't hold any interest for me. I have built a Churchill tank though - my great Uncle drove one in the D-day landings. Unfortunately he didn't come home from France.

Well I hope that covers enough. When I finally build something, please be kind!

Rob

Hi and welcome, I look forward to seeing some of your work and as long as you are happy with it that's all that matters!

My head is still below the parapet, it's one of those kind of 'training things'. You train for months and they don't give you a war...but when it comes; whooboy! You hope what you got is enough!

Welcome aboard, they're a great bunch here...and don't forget, we are all in it together. Plasticky things...not flakey things that is! :work: Get it right! :fuhrer:

Regards,

Graham :winkgrin:

Good time to b e actively modeling-- the products out there are spectacular these days, the new techniques that are being used are giving great results, and you can find a kit on almost any subject --- and if you're lucky , the little guy will catch the bug and you 'll have a partner at the workbench!! You can pick up a lot of good clues on this website-- you'll find a bunch of generous souls with lots to offer. I am enjoying being part of it !!