Takom St Chamond early version

Phil Evans

Hi

The title gives most of it away. I'm near the painting stage of my St Chamond and I haven't a clue what the colours of the running gear and undersides should be. I've got Gunmetal for the tracks from the instructions but the rest is a blank. Looking at the colour profiles on the side of the box, Fantomas appears to have a dark grey running gear whereas Chante Coq looks to be more of a Medium Sea Grey type of colour.

Then there's the colour of the hull base, running gear panels and the track arches.

Does anyone have information or even suggestions?

Anything would be gratefully received

Phil

Thanks for that PanzerVor!!! I'll see if my local hobby shop has any. I'm in the UK next week so I'll get Military Modelling then.

Cheers

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

I'd go with fresh mud....

Worth remembering that the French used the same colours all the way through to 1940, so I think (and I'm no expert) colour refs for WWII tanks should be useful too.

Just like a model, I assume these real tanks were painted one colour overall before different 'patches' were added. I get the impression that the grey-blue was the 'base' colour on to which the browns and greens were added?

Will

Edited by Killingholme

• 3 months later...