New Thunderbirds designs confirmed, what do you think?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/11721747151/?fref=ts

Scroll down the page, they're all there.

Drat - not a Facebooker, so I can't get in.........

Mind you, from the pics above, I don't WANT to get in........

TB5 - I don't think anyone will be bothered WHAT it looks like.

TB2...... Are you sure that pic isn't from the Lego movie?????

It's a green BOX!

Roy.

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 2

People on the Fanderson FB page are going nuts over this, falling basically into 3 camps:

1) Bah Humbug! How can you change something that was PERFECT!!!! WHY WHY WHY does the world have to change????

2) OMG These are so awesome, the best things since the 2004 live-action movie which was also awesome!!!111!!!

3) Yeah, whatever - they've changed a few things but as long as the new series is decent I'm not going to get worked up about it... chill man!

Guess which camp I fall into?

Yes.

TB1, TB3 and TB4.

Pretty good although TB3 looks a bit 'Japanese Anime' if you get my drift.

TB2???????? FAR too 'boxy' looking.

It looks as if they are trying to incorporate the Alien 2 drop-ship which isn't a bad thing, but then they hang on to the front being completely rounded and almost original.

The shapes don't really work together.

I think a 'drop-ship' kind of TB2 would look pretty amazing.

Mind you, let's wait and see how it all turns out.

Roy.

TB1 & TB4 ok, the others are far too boxy. Why oh why change a classic just for the sake of change ?

Spot on........

There's no NEED to change them.

OK, it's a new series.

Doctor Who has been re-born numerous times.

Did they change the the outside of the Tardis????

NO!

Edited by roymattblack
  • Like 2

Spot on........

There's no NEED to change them.

OK, it's a new series.

Doctor Who has been re-born numerous times.

Did they change the the outside of the Tardis????

NO!

(Actually Yes - there have been at least half a dozen revamps of the Tardis exterior in the history of Dr Who)

Camp #1!

Of course there is no NEED to change them but if a new creative team is putting together a new series they are NOT going to stick with 50 year old designs that only a bunch of old people know about. They will put their one creative spin on it so that they can add to the ideas, rather than be accused of just rehashing something old.

Why are they redoing Thunderbirds in the first place rather than create something new I hear you ask? Because TB will be 50 years old, so they can cash in on that anniversary and give the new series a boost. Lets face it the amount of FREE publicity they are getting from the Anderson fans is priceless and they wouldn't get that if it were just some new generic SuperThunderStingCar that would pop up on CITV and disappear just as quickly.

The people who make this stuff aren't doing it because they have a nostalgia about Thunderbirds, they are doing it coz they reckon they can make money from it. They may be fans, but they are business people FIRST.

Nope.....

Don't agree with the above.

If there have been any re-vamps of the Tardis exterior, they certainly aren't that noticeable.

INTERIOR, maybe.

They ought to treat the TB craft the same.

Yes, update, re-do it, re-make it.

Call it what you like....

When Jackson/Spielberg re-made Tintin, they REALLY brought it up to date with CGI etc.

Did they re-design Tintin, or Captain Haddock etc????

NO.

They kept as close to the originals as possible and still did it to make money.

You may, or may not like the Tintin film, but it was a genuine homage to Herge.

Are the 'new' fans complaining? - I think not.

Thunderbirds (craft) do NOT need to be redesigned (ruined) just to make a new series, or to make money in today's market.

Fans of the 'old' would appreciate the original craft being retained.

NEW fans wouldn't know the difference anyway!

Roy.

• Like 1

Silly is what I'm thinking. How can you change from the original. The original is what it is. Its not what Thunderbirds was.With all the warts,strings etc. Thats it. As Roy said LEGO. May as well have a bird with big wotsits playing Lady P and Parker by Ray Winson...............You will luv it! Game in play naaah.On me 'ed son! ........ Yeah, OK. OOOO et all fer pies,oooo et all fer pies!

Edited by bzn20

When Jackson/Spielberg re-made Tintin, they REALLY brought it up to date with CGI etc.

Did they re-design Tintin, or Captain Haddock etc????

NO.

...and how much of a success was that project?

TB3 looks *amazing*, I would buy a kit of that in a heartbeat.

TB2 I'll reserve judgement until I can see the whole thing, the side pods look quite neat though. The others the differences seem fairly minor.

Thanks for posting the link and pics!

Will

(Tintin movie) ...and how much of a success was that project?

....Um.....

$374 million - and highest grossing DVD release ever, for Nikelodeon.

Plus ace reviews from the major Tintin fan clubs, websites, and also Studio Herge.

Reviews compared it to Raiders of the lost Ark, and they are now planning movie number 2.

Let's see the new Thunderbirds do as well.

Roy.

Let's see the new Thunderbirds do as well.

Roy.

Depends who they are aiming for Roy. I for one am NOT impressed at the short length of the episodes - take away the opening/closing credits & adverts and there's not much left! On the other hand, this is a good opportunity for Airfix to jump on the Thunderbirds bandwagon with a complete new range of T-Birds (hopefully in a DECENT sized scale!!). Oh for a Zero-X or Fireflash..................!!!

Ah well! Dream on! :lol:

Allan

Oh, yes please......

New, decent, LARGE kits.

We can but hope.

There were no new plastic kits to go with the last movie, but then again, that's one area where we can count our blessings.

And yes, half hour shows are far too short.

Roy.

So where is the docking station on TB5 for TB3 ?

No need to mess with the classic designs!

Robert

The issue is they are not out appeal to the fan boys, but a new generation. The originals are still intact and have not been erased from history or lost and are available in HD if that is the only thing that floats your boat they are still there to admire, I really don't see the problem.

I for one is of the view that the'new' TB-5 is uber cool.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk
  • Like 1

By all means, appeal to a new generation - but why change perfection?

The Daleks have been around for 50 years.

Have they changed them?

Look what happened when they tried, a few years ago!

They went back to the original design mega-quick!

Roy.

• Like 2

Sorry Roy, but I don't think you should complain about the new Thunderbirds vehicles and say what you're saying having done what you've done to one of the most gorgeous cars ever made. :winkgrin: