Vickers 432 operational paint opinions sought

modelglue

Well Gents, I got my latest stash-mates in the mail today; they include the CMR Westland Welkin, a Special Hobby A-35 to be painted up as a Navy TBV Georgia, and of course the Kora Vickers 432 high altitude interceptor (amongst others :devil: )

After careful reading on wiki I understand that only two aircraft were considered, and in 1944 the test flight plane was scrapped.

If this beauty had gone into service, what sort of camo would it wear over the skies of Great Britain? If you have any suggestions as to which other roles it might take on, I would be happy to hear those too.

Please do throw in your suggestions, the P scheme with yellow undersides does not agree with me.

The high altitude fighter colour scheme was Medium Sea Grey over PRU Blue, as on the Welkin.

Thanks for chiming in, I must admit that your answer pleases me.

. . . with narrow invasion stripes a la Spitfire Mk VII?

And that is just a cherry on top.

PRU blue and invasion stripes. My two favourite things British.

It would have been required to adopt the same scheme as the Welkin in 1944: Medium Sea Grey upper surfaces with PRU Blue under surfaces. Spinners and serials black. Type B fuselage and upper wing roundels, no roundels under the wings.

It would have been required to adopt the same scheme as the Welkin in 1944: Medium Sea Grey upper surfaces with PRU Blue under surfaces. Spinners and serials black. Type B fuselage and upper wing roundels, no roundels under the wings.

Hi

curiousity did the mossie XV's get repainted in '44 like this ?

cheers

jerry