XB-70 Valkyrie (1/200 Cyber Hobby)

Hi

I had planned for this to be a weekend build whilst my wife was watching the Wimbledon Finals. The construction was pretty much concluded during the very short Ladies Finals, and the painting was completed during the Mens, but I then got distracted by three days at RIAT...

I finished her off yesterday and I am quite pleased with the result. Having looked at the pictures however, I think that I need to deal with the pitot probe, which is rather small (even with my glasses on. The build thread is here.

SAM_8566_zps3bf588ac.jpg

SAM_8570_zps69a7279e.jpg

SAM_8572_zpsaad48a05.jpg

SAM_8588_zpsf1e56b5a.jpg

SAM_8589_zps8a2b4757.jpg

SAM_8596_zpsddee1f7c.jpg

And for scale, here are a couple of pictures with my Hasegawa 1/200 C-47 Skytrain!

SAM_8597_zps2727210e.jpg

SAM_8598_zps3b427967.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 14

Fantastic plane, fantastic build. A real little piece of history and nice to see it next to your C-47 - it brings it home as to how big a plane it is. Nice work on a sleek and deadly plane.

• Like 1

This one looks remarkable ! A terrific model of one of the most amazing and beautiful planes of all time.

The final image certainly brings her tremendous size (and a mere 25 years of aircraft evolution) into eye-opening perspective.

Mike

• Like 1

Fascinating plane, love the comparison with the DC-3!

Imagine if it had gone into service, a maintenance nightmare of epic proportions, surely.

Cheers

John

• Like 1