Tamiya's New 1/72nd F-16 CJ

Hi,

Ok build number 9 of 2014 is my take on the new F-16 from Tamiya,

Anyone who has built either the 48th or 32nd scale kits will be familiar with the kit,

It just a simpler version in 72nd.still it took longer than expected to finish!

Built out of the box with nothing added what you see is what you get, no drop tanks etc included in this one!

The model depicts the jet that was on display at RIAT in 2011 from the 52nd fighter wing Spangdahlem Germany.

Kit decals were used.

As always comments welcome

Enjoy the pics,

Thanks for looking,

Rick G

rZQ5KH.jpg

Evjzlk.jpg

eT7waf.jpg

• Like 13

That's quick off the mark but a very nice rendition all the same…….Like others, I was a little perplexed (and disappointed) with the lack of stores/weapons included with this kit…..it makes Hasegawa kits look positively 'populated' with stores/weapons !. A pair of drop tanks (as per their 1:48 scale offering) would have been a good start !.

• Like 1

Nice one Rick........I've got one of these to do........If I beat this slump.......

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Better get building Telford is not that far off now!

If not then theres always the kit swap!!!

Rick

Ha.....tell me about it.......part of the problem is indecisiveness. :blink: .......can't make me mind up what to make.......definitely a downside to having a reasonable stash.... :blush: ..any ideas Rick......you've probably got an idea of what I've got...... :hmmm:

Cheers

Dave B)

Nice one Rick........I've got one of these to do........If I beat this slump.......

cheers

Dave

What slump? Think yourself lucky, I've still not got anywhere to use my airbrush(es) yet after the move! So no aircraft models for me, back to old fashioned hand painting for my USS Arizona model!

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

Have one in stash, can only hope to do as good a job as you, any snags with the kit?

Thanks for the comments,

The big one to watch for are the seperate nose panels and radome take care and make sure eveything lines up and fits first time,you will never be able to resribe lost detail as fine as the kit.

Its a fantastic kit in terms of surface detail,

Build and enjoy

Rick

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Very cool model :) I'd like to get my hands on one of these myself...

Thanks for the comments, Tamiya have since released a boxing that now includs all the underwing bits absent from this kit.

Great little model ! you wont be disapointed.

Rick

• Like 2