AIRFIX 1/24th TYPHOON picture heavy

hi everybody.

Well it was about time someone got the topic started on the newly released AIRFIX 1/24th Typhhon ...I am building this alongside my father (we both have the kit) and photos will be mixed below in various stages....I am going to full length to add detail where i think needed and open up an extra panels I see fit

please enjoy the build updates will be regular.DSC_0116_zpsf02cf484.jpgDSC_0119_zps3fec03ef.jpgDSC_0118_zpsa2c0ae84.jpgDSC_0117_zps7608ffbf.jpgDSC_0123_zpsddefc0fb.jpgDSC_0124_zps8df80399.jpgDSC_0122_zpsa3c43ed1.jpgDSC_0127_zps08cfc6e8.jpgDSC_0128_zps12e42969.jpgDSC_0133_zps2efc5b43.jpgDSC_0135_zpsad587c04.jpghttp://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b606/3dricky/typhoon/DSC_0131_zpsfd3eab01.jpgDSC_0131_zpsfd3eab01.jpgDSC_0136_zps5412d480.jpg

• Like 13

Yes a lot of filling however if you want to open up panels and view the model properly then it is required...a lot of cleaning up required but a small price to pay for the kits quality

Theres less ejector pin holes than on the Mosquito, some of the filling is unnecessary depending

On what you want to do with the model,

All parts and sprues in both kits were perfect and all present and correct

Right. Another one to follow. I love the old Airfix 1/24 kits and have a few in the stash. The framework you have built so far looks very impressive. You have my attention. B)

Cheers,

Tom.

ok few more pics this time finished off the weathering and have added a few cockpit pieces as well as some detail painting..... the kit is very solid up till now and fits very well....just to be careful of a few small pieces are easily breakable pipework....model so far has been airbrushed, post shaded, weathered, dry brushed and chipped with lots to go

enjoyDSC_0137_zpsd108b97d.jpgDSC_0141_zps59e3cf01.jpgDSC_0141_zps59e3cf01.jpgDSC_0140_zps44ca700e.jpgDSC_0142_zps9ea1e0d3.jpgDSC_0139_zps7df2d986.jpgDSC_0146_zps805ab65e.jpgDSC_0143_zps868d89c3.jpgDSC_0148_zps700692d1.jpgDSC_0144_zps5f8f792f.jpg

• Like 12

Airfix have, IMHO, raised the bar for everyone with this kit, the texturing and patina they have achieved is truly excellent and i think all the other companies, Tamiya, Trumpeter, Hasegawa, HK, ZM, will turn to this style of finish,

Plenty will argue its not true scale or the rivets are toobig or the panel lines techincally too deep but i think it is the way to go and by far the best i have ever seen.

Bring on the 1/24 Swordfish, ( or Gladiator, or Sea fury or Corsair)

If Mr Airfix reads these forums, is say to him, do more of this, one a year , you have raised the bar and i will buy everything you produce in 24th

• Like 2

i m torn now if i should watch this thread or not.. it is absolutely amazing kit and your work is great aaaand i ll be so jealous and thats bad thing ;) hope airfix ll keep this kit listed for loooong enough time so i can get one to my dirty hands too :)

ok quick update...both cockpit on both models have been completed... little tricky fitting the side walls but once together and with the help of some tweezers it all fit very well. the instrument panel is a work of art in itself with more decals than most small airfix kits come with on the whole kit....moving ontoi the engine and already within 5 minutes filer was needed for some areas.

see photos belowDSC_0077_zpsec9f4d6d.jpgDSC_0080_zps9f6350f0.jpgDSC_0079_zps62168d88.jpgDSC_0083_zps6810ff93.jpgDSC_0081_zpsfc2e71a1.jpgDSC_0084_zps5b15f21c.jpgDSC_0086_zpse9eebc68.jpgDSC_0089_zps46061db9.jpgDSC_0090_zpsf4cffd2f.jpgDSC_0087_zps4955efed.jpg

• Like 5

MY, you're a fast worker (she said shyly), interesting to see you using the plastic harness. I plan to do mine mostly buttoned up so hopefully I won't have as much filling and sanding to do, as it's not my favouriteart of model making.

Every time we have gone to add a bit of wire or an extra bit here andthere , Airfix have thought of everything, the wiring loom andpiping on the engine is amazing. There really is very little for aftermarket to add, even the instrument decals are superb,

So far, if a part hasnt fitted perfectly its because we have put it on wrong

Because as modellers we havebto gripe about something, the only thing i can come up with is the main gear legs are in 2 halves somi will have to clean up the seam, its disgusting and heinous and ruins the model entirely ;)

• Like 1

This twin build is just great. On a quick look inside my boxing the only things I can see that after market guys might consider are the radiator mesh - not the matrix itself. This is a fine mesh but could be better replaced perhaps. And then the gun barrels but the canon are already available (for the Mossie) and would only be of any use if you were to display without the outer covers on.

Watching with great interest and delight.

Rich