1/48 - Harvard Mk.IIA (ex-Occidental) by Italeri - released

Homebee

What sound to be the old Occidental 1/48th Harvard Mk.IIA kit is to be reissued very soon by Italeri - ref. 2736

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ItaleriModelKit/posts/702460499826573

Harvard Mk. IIA 1/48 scale (2736)

- in arrivo (anteprima della nuova immagine del kit e di alcuni profili a colori)

- coming soon (new cover image preview and some colour profiles)

10547640_702460013159955_282227672825411

10483160_702460076493282_272935869350360

10533909_702460129826610_449147191945846

10448456_702460219826601_569943978018537

10495378_702460266493263_156200743442492

10517276_702460293159927_430523768261821

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

:sleeping:

Honestly they couldn't have picked more boring decal options even if they wanted to... :rolleyes:

BTW someone from IPMS Portugal posted on Italeri's facebook page that Italeri does not have the Harvard specific bits of the tooling.

True or BS? Does anyone know?

Honestly they couldn't have picked more boring decal options even if they wanted to... :rolleyes:

BTW someone from IPMS Portugal posted on Italeri's facebook page that Italeri does not have the Harvard specific bits of the tooling.

I beg to differ.

Looks terrific.

• Like 2

Fantastic, if the kits any good I'll snap one of these up!personally I think the decal options are pretty good, better than the previous T6G italeri offering.

• Like 1

I'm surprised and delighted to see this Swedish option for a Sk 16. Where did Italeri find the information for this bird? I'm impressed.

I work at the museum of F 10 wing where this plane was stationed in this scheme around 1970. I have seen a few pictures of her in the photo archive. A Swedish Air Force plane with nose art is somewhat rare.

Although I already have the kit in my stash I will get myself one of these, just for the decals.

I love Snoopy on the cowling!

Andreas

Edited by Rudolf_Filip

The RCAF one is a winner for me. But not sure about the kit though. Once had the Occidental one and wasn't really enamoured with it. Would love this variant in 1/72nd though big time!!

As for the Swedish one. I recall seeing a full size real aeroplane at the one of Bassingbourn show around 1978 when they had a Harvard anniversary there. It was as per the proposed kit decals.

Yep…..I'm with the majority (so far) on this one…….decal choices are interesting, particularly the Flygvapnet option……if I was given a 'wish list', I would have probably gone for a RNZAF machine or one from the African wars (Belgian/French/Portuguese) but many of these are available on aftermarket sheets anyway and I'm not sure if they could actually be modeled from the kit anyway…?….I'm not an expert on the T-6G/Harvard and the differences between them. At least the decal sheet provides better options than the recent Kittyhawk offering in 1:32 scale….I was a little disappointed to see that all of the options in that kit were for preserved machines with civil registrations and so the authenticity of the actual color schemes/markings was somewhat questionable…fine kit though !.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.

That's true. At the time of IPMS Portugal's facebook post, Italery had not the specific tooling but, meawhile, they were gifted offered to them by Ocidental managers. So, it's 100% ex-Ocidental Moulds as the main tooling has been already bought yeras ago by Italeri.

Greetings from Portugal

• Like 1

The box art is one of the best I`ve seen for ages, it looks superb and personally I love the decal options too,.....I just hope that the kit actually includes the earlier canopy as the one shown on the colour options is incorrect for most options,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

I believe I'm sure the canopies are correct for both Canadian and Swedish versions. I'm not sure about the others but I believe Italeri is only releasing one kind of airframe and canopy. How can I insert an image here? I would show you the tooling.

Edited by PedroBarbosa

• 4 months later...

Just got this one to do, Swedish version I think!! It's a great kit and better in grey plastic than the Occidental yellow I remember when it first came out!

• 3 months later...

I just picked this kit up and the decals alone make this kit a must have if you are a Texan/Harvard fan. Beautifully printed by Cartograf with sharp clear vivid colors. I think the Swedish version is also my first up with these markings. Plan to use the leftovers on some Revell/Monogram kits as well. Very well done Italeri.

Don

• Like 2

I just picked this kit up and the decals alone make this kit a must have if you are a Texan/Harvard fan. Beautifully printed by Cartograf with sharp clear vivid colors. I think the Swedish version is also my first up with these markings. Plan to use the leftovers on some Revell/Monogram kits as well. Very well done Italeri.

Don

Agree 100%, just got this and the decals are excellent.

Julien