I also wanted to replicate the ball turret system far more acurately than th emodel version...

b17d_zps386de91a.jpg

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...

Sorry its been a while, I have been beavring away, slowly but surely. So heres the latest update. I have just about completed the internal ribbing and some detailing all scracth built, I have also started on the verlinden resin crew, so that they dont all look the same I have been doing some cutting and shutting to strike some different poses!

b172_zps6c639a99.jpg

b171_zpsbe035434.jpg

b173_zpsec94d99b.jpg

• Like 3

More detail added today, I wanted to show the often neglected life raft compartment, so cut out the door and scratch built the interior, I will add a life raft during the build.

b17e1_zps92f59a40.jpg

b17e_zps86e897c6.jpg

b17f_zpsa31b1339.jpg

More detail today, I wanted to show the little known or portrayed life raft stowage compartment, so I have cut out the access door and scratch built the interior, I will add the liferaft at some point.

b17e1_zps92f59a40.jpg

b17e_zps86e897c6.jpg

b17f_zpsa31b1339.jpg

• Like 4

I thought I would start on the archers rivet transfers, really pleased how it is turning out, and not such a big job really......

b17j_zps0fec9cde.jpg

• Like 4

Very good detailing! Will any of it be very visible, or is it purely about fidelity?

Great work and attention to detail in any case!

• Like 1

More progres. I have finished the rivetting on the fuselage and continued with doing some more detaling of the gun turrets. The rear gun was woeful, so I have scratch built the canvas cover using papaer mache and styrene and added Eduard gun barrells to all the systems.

b17k_zps4a48f129.jpg

b17m_zps07046511.jpg

b17l_zps0eeb8410.jpgb17l_zps0eeb8410.jpgb17l_zps0eeb8410.jpg

• Like 2

Wow that is amazing. I have the 1/72 version of this in my stash, must get cracking on it at some stage, although I am finding the colours a little confusing - Revell don't make it very clear sometimes with their colours based on mixing 3 or more shades together :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, I have been doing a few bits, but it didnt really justify an update..but as I have been putting all the individual builds together it is now time to show how it is going.

I decided to open up the tail gunners access ahtch as it seemed a waste to hide all the eduard PE, so a bit more scratch building done, including the shroud for the tail wheel. I have alos added the sides to the bomb bay and started to detail the nose section. I am now at a point where I have added and masked most of the clear parts.

I am getting really excited and spending quite alot of time making sure the fuselage will close up without too many problems, which is proving to be quite a challenge with all the different resin, pe and scratch building parts I have used.

B17A_zps992e31cd.jpg

B17B_zps7bb9b126.jpg

B17C_zpsdaaa0240.jpg

• Like 3

It fits suprisingly well. I am spending alot of time filing and tests fitting before I paint and take the glue to the plastic!!

I took the plunge and decided to replace the turbo system and exhaust with a resin set I had. I am glad I did, I think the added detail justifies the swearing, cutting and filling, just need to do the other 3 and tidy them up!!

10689630_372562166254665_501932653416274

1503866_372603909583824_5531978645442144