1/350 Sovremenny

Sorry, don't see any pictures. Try reading the picture advice in the help section at the front of the site.

Cheers

It's weird...I can see the pics in my own computer. I've edit it so you may see pics now

Brilliant work! Looks good enough to shoot at. :D And the photography is excellent, too. Could wish that you had a seascape against which to display it.

Awesome work.

As already pointed out the main roof (aerial array) is gobsmackingly good. Far in excess of someone with my combination of deteriorating eyesight/fat fingers/shakes could ever dream of acheiving. Signal Halyards as well!

The weathering on the topcoat grey is well executed as well.

May I make one observation from a perspective of having seen more than one of these beasties in their natural environment?

The upperdeck (both Weatherdeck and superstructure) should be more faded. The only time I saw the decks that pristine were when they were visiting foreign climes and had obviously been painted within the last 48 hours or confusingly when wet.

Normally the decks were very faded/worn and had no real gloss to them. Unless the weather had been bad or pre wetting had taken place when the water seemed to give the decks a gloss finish. RN ships always seemed faded and worn wet or dry lol.

Please do not take this as criticism. In fact the last photo you have shared has set me a task to go and look through my old photo albums.

That angle, that distance(by scale) if you make it a waterline view somewhere north east of Norway in the late 80's I am certain I have a corresponding photograph :-) Pennant numbers may be different but the ship is the same!

"For skilled users" indeed. Thanks for the tip, they look really good.

There is another type(RB3527) of PE antenna,unnecessary to bend,it's just flat,but looks not as lifelike as this one.

Actually this type is not very difficult to make,use a thin stick to bend them will be easy.

There are also two kinds for 1/700 scale.

Awesome work.

As already pointed out the main roof (aerial array) is gobsmackingly good. Far in excess of someone with my combination of deteriorating eyesight/fat fingers/shakes could ever dream of acheiving. Signal Halyards as well!

The weathering on the topcoat grey is well executed as well.

May I make one observation from a perspective of having seen more than one of these beasties in their natural environment?

The upperdeck (both Weatherdeck and superstructure) should be more faded. The only time I saw the decks that pristine were when they were visiting foreign climes and had obviously been painted within the last 48 hours or confusingly when wet.

Normally the decks were very faded/worn and had no real gloss to them. Unless the weather had been bad or pre wetting had taken place when the water seemed to give the decks a gloss finish. RN ships always seemed faded and worn wet or dry lol.

Please do not take this as criticism. In fact the last photo you have shared has set me a task to go and look through my old photo albums.

That angle, that distance(by scale) if you make it a waterline view somewhere north east of Norway in the late 80's I am certain I have a corresponding photograph :-) Pennant numbers may be different but the ship is the same!

Thanks for your advice! Next time I will pay more attention to weather the superstructure.And about the gloss I found the red deck a little gloss in some pictures(maybe it's rainy like you said),but you are right, the deck were very faded.I will try to fade it when building another RN ship.

You mention that you have been close to a real one for times,that must be a special feeling B)

Thanks for the advice again.