Freightdog/Revell Hawker Hunter F Mk 6 (practice rounds)

Erm, I feel like much further comment on this subject in thread might be undeservingly stealing the spotlight from il miglior fabbro, as TS Eliot might have said had he turned to Airfix vice poetry, but my plans were three FGA9s (Radfan, Confrontation, and TWU), three F.4s (Suez Crisis and 74 Squadron), two F.6s, and the P.1109A demonstrator.

Are they hunters? Can they be built with this kit as a base model?

Are they hunters? Can they be built with this kit as a base model?

They're all Revell kits -- they also did an FGA.9, and Freightdog thoughtfully makes an F.4 and a P.1109 conversion set.

Good enough for me! I want the FGA9, that's the one with the red fin (basically the same markings as this thread, see how I'm keeping it on topic!)

Yes I've seen that kit, I guess it's the same as this for quality, I'm not that clued up on hunters so I don't know the differences between the 9 & 6, I think there are more options for stores but without looking it up?

There are loads of aftermarket options for this kit too, I think revell could make a bundle if they re-released it, i'd be in for a whole display team and one of the f6 decal sheets, the one with the raspberry ripple scheme on it, the xtradecal sheet.

Edited by It's a disease

Yes I've seen that kit, I guess it's the same as this for quality, I'm not that clued up on hunters so I don't know the differences between the 9 & 6, I think there are more options for stores but without looking it up?

Most prominently, the FGA9 has a different tailcone, and it often (usually) carried a pair of mammoth drop tanks on the inner pylons. Internally it had a more powerful engine and I believe was, as the name suggested, optimized for ground attack. I know Quickboost does an FGA9 tail should you wish to convert your F.6.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...