Roden 1/48 Fairchild AU-23a Peacemaker

Thats a real beauty, you`ve done a great job there and I have one in the stash myself, hope it comes out as good as yours, but I doubt it!

The PC-6 Turbo Porter is very close to my heart as I made my first ever flight,.....and first ever parachute jump from one of these,.....all at the same time!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2

Thats a real beauty, you`ve done a great job there and I have one in the stash myself, hope it comes out as good as yours, but I doubt it!

The PC-6 Turbo Porter is very close to my heart as I made my first ever flight,.....and first ever parachute jump from one of these,.....all at the same time!

Cheers

Tony

That's quite funny! I've always wanted to fly one or even fly in one, but I'm certainly not keen on jumping out of one!

BB.

Cheers

Tony

Hopefully the former did not cause the latter!!!

S48

Very nice build of an airplane that usually made me very happy to see.

Very well done! I wonder if the USAF guy who designed the camouflage scheme won any awards for creativity? :)

Do Roden make that one in 1:72 as well?

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks for yours comments! I never heard about 1/72, and as I now other kits of AU-23 are not present, only Roden in 1/48 (but in different versions) . If somebody wants to see the WIP, look here: http://scalemodels.ru/articles/6467-roden-1-48-Fairchild-AU-23A-Peacemaker---malenkijj-ganship.html (russian text).

Kind regards,

Sergiy.

Very nice. Any tips for the build (I have one in the 'stash')?

FF

The most impotent tips: 1. glue each halves of "nose" to his half of fuselage (not as recomended by Roden), 2. floor and rear cockpit wall must be about 1 mm wider.

Kind regards,

Sergiy.

Edited by S48
  • Like 1