I cannot abandon my friend VP, this GB attracts me very well because my city of birth; Palermo, had a lot of airplanes, first axis and then the Allieds..................and then I do not often see Italian airplanes

Ettore

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 2

80 votes and 2nd spot atm 😊.

I, as the proposed host of this GB, promise to build 5 single engine fighter aircraft models in 1:72 scale IF this won't overlap the Ju 88 STGB which I'll be hosting next summer! Quantity has a quality of it's own... Regards, V-P

Edited by vppelt68

How about the Greco-Italian war 1940? Or Vichy French aircraft? I only ask because some people consider the Greco-Italian war not to be part of WW2 until the Germans and Bulgarians joined in. I am assuming neutral countries are not allowed and some may argue that Vichy France was neutral, at least until a certain time.

For me both of the above are part of WW2, I'm only asking not looking for a debate.

• Like 1

"Anything that was used in or supporting operations of war from 1.9.1939 to 8.5.1945 below the Alps and above the equator, from the Gibraltar to Iraq".

So, if it's up to me, Greco-Italian gets a "si" and Vichy French "oui"!

• Like 1

How about the Greco-Italian war 1940? Or Vichy French aircraft? I only ask because some people consider the Greco-Italian war not to be part of WW2 until the Germans and Bulgarians joined in. I am assuming neutral countries are not allowed and some may argue that Vichy France was neutral, at least until a certain time.

For me both of the above are part of WW2, I'm only asking not looking for a debate.

Why should the Greco-Italian war not be seen as part of WW2 ??? It was an attack from an Axis power against a country that was collaborating with the British war effort and that hosted British forces, to me sounds like a typical WW2 campaign...

• Like 1

Looking good in 2nd place, as I said before I'll be doing another of my "Aircraft my Father fixed" dioramas, a Spifire VbTrop in 1:32 scale, as it would have been in early '43 in Algeria with 81 Sqn in Operation Torch.

• Like 1