Harrier GR1-Airfix

Airfix's new(ish) Harrier GR1:

Har1_zps391467ee.jpg?t=1405876715

Straight from the box using the kit decals, and there are a lot!:

Har4_zpsfc1fe78a.jpg?t=1405876536

Brush painted with Humbrol Enamels, Glosscote for decals, Mattecote for final finish:

Har6_zps173e48c9.jpg?t=1405876575

Nice simple easy build and decals went on no problem, just a touch of Decalfix needed for the roundels on the fuselage:

Har2_zpsd42eb3fc.jpg?t=1405876857

I have the GR3, Sword T4, and a couple of Shars in the stash, hopefully they are as nice to build as this one,

Thanks for your interest,

Sean

• Like 12

Nicely done. The GR3 and SHARs wont give you any trouble. The sword kit is a bit fiddly. I got mine together and it looks good. Needs decalling and finishing off.

Hm.Good work. Its been enough to inspire me to make a start on my new tool Airfix kit which is now fast approaching priming and painting!

• Like 1

Cheers fellas, I appreciate you all taking the time to leave feedback

Very nice result. Love the moss ( weeds? ) on the base - marvelous touch.

Cheers,

Mike

Grass? I rather like the look of a base for the photos, I figure they set the model off nicely,

Hi,

I have that one here too in my 'soon-to-build' pile.

Is that the way the model sits on the ground built oob? It looks a bit too much nose down, tail up to me. Or is it the perspective/camera lens maybe?

Looked again at the sit of the Harrier, it does seem to be sitting down at the front a bit, but not overly so, must be my crappy photo skills <_<

Regards

Sean

• Like 1

Nice looking plane, the base brings quite a bit of reality to the shots. Great job.

Cheers riffraff,

I reckon a base is a simple addition to a photo that just adds something a bit extra,

Sean