-

I love that tail art. I think I'll be keeping my fingers crossed now.

Now if we could have a decent out of the box 1/72 tonka to slap these pretty things onto please........

Edited by sailorboy61

Much appreciated all.

Does anyone happen to have some photos of where the "remove before flight" tags fit on the undercarriage links? Presumably they are on some kind of locking pins on the retraction arms?

I'm not fitting any of the aperture covers and their assogiated tags, just on the three legs, the nose pitot and the underwing pylons; I don't want it to look like a Christmas tree.

Much appreciated all.

Does anyone happen to have some photos of where the "remove before flight" tags fit on the undercarriage links? Presumably they are on some kind of locking pins on the retraction arms?

I'm not fitting any of the aperture covers and their assogiated tags, just on the three legs, the nose pitot and the underwing pylons; I don't want it to look like a Christmas tree.

I should have somewhere.

• Like 1

Cracking work mate,just a note about the map,I'd put it on the other side as the's also a MASS warning flag there (the yellow/black striped flag) iirc....

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t530/mervyn7451/95A0C9EC_5056_A318_A85EAC050906250D_zpsmahblj6g.jpg

:fraidnot: The thing is Spike....there's a slight scratch on canopy on the side with the map. But don't tell anyone.

I just saw the image - I think the map would be is behind the flag - is this possible?

BTW what is a MASS flag?

Edited by dr_gn
  • Like 1

:fraidnot: The thing is Spike....there's a slight scratch on canopy on the side with the map. But don't tell anyone.

I just saw the image - I think the map would be is behind the flag - is this possible?

BTW what is a MASS flag?

Just found this link on the Generals Tonka build G

http://tinyurl.com/qxqejan

Interesting stuff

• Like 1

MASS = Master Arm Safety Switch

Basically anythig 'dropable' is wired through the MASS so it acts as the breaker for 'deliberate' drops but doesn't stand in the way of (as long as it is LIVE) the 'oh feck, doo-doo, bomb bay warning,we need to jettison all the crap NOW! type scenario.

Edited by Ascoteer
  • Like 3

Much appreciated all.

The undercarriage pins go through the drag brace part of the assembly about half way, like here

1826744_orig_zpscru6kovg.jpg

With the map, although the MASS flag is on that side of the cockpit i've seen aircrew put all sorts of maps and paper work on either side so having the map there isn't to far from the truth. This build is totally mad its sooo realistic its brilliant

• Like 2

MASS = Master Arm Safety Switch

Basically anythig 'dropable' is wired through the MASS so it acts as the breaker for 'deliberate' drops but doesn't stand in the way of (as long as it is LIVE) the 'oh feck, doo-doo, bomb bay warning,we need to jettison all the crap NOW! type scenario.

lol...Beat me to it....Basicaly the is a key on a bit of string that is inserted into a keyhole to the left of the HUD which enables the weapons system

• Like 1

Just read this through from the start - another opus, dr! I'm anxious to see your solution for the canopy, as I have a few kits in the stash that need some serious canopy work. I always learn something from your methods, so I'm really looking forward to it (although I suspect that you may not be!)... :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1

Just read this through from the start - another opus, dr! I'm anxious to see your solution for the canopy, as I have a few kits in the stash that need some serious canopy work. I always learn something from your methods, so I'm really looking forward to it (although I suspect that you may not be!)... :)

Cheers,

Bill

Ta Bill,

Spike is sending me a spare canopy, so hopefully It will be better than the ones I've got. If not I'll either have to find an early Revell kit with a decent one, or learn how to vacform.

• Like 1

there you go

I have learnt something from you already :thumbsup2:

Vaseline release agent

Very very good idea (if you make sure there are no ridges of cream/vaseline to cause rippled surfaces)

I WILL try it for myself next time around

My vac box is made from strips of thin MDF I used for notices at an MG event I was one of the organisers (Funny thing is that Debs, Ascoteer in here, will certainly have seen some of them when she was there)

Then glued together with PVA and with the vacuum surface made of MDF with holes drilled all over

Your one will be better, because the vacuum will be more constant all over

I will just sit here with a tinny wtahcing a new master class you didnt even know about before

• Like 1

Here is the cute little unit that I bought:

100_4510.jpg

These are all over eBay. Search for "dental vacuum forming machine." The user manual (two pages!) doesn't mention using any kind of release agent. What type of clear styrene will you be forming, and how thick is the sheet to start with?

MicroMark in the USA also sell these little machines. The forming area is approximately 100 x 100mm.

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1