-

I am still enjoying this build, it's looking great! Not far off completion now I suspect?

The canopy is still unresolved. I was told by someone on the Tornado SIG at Huddersfield that certain boxings have good canopies. Someone here on BM has offered to send me a good one I think, but it may take a while.

Also I've screwed up some stencil decals (twice), and have phoned and e-mailed Airfix for replacements (I only requested the stencils, not the whole sheet), but no response so far.

Definitely a reference guide for when I eventually get round to mine, stunning in every respect....although we knew it would be anyway! you are a 1/72 modelling god!

brillliant

simply that

Feel drawn to agree with m'learned friends on this occasion.

Part of me feels disappointed at not seeing it ready for Huddersfield and part if me is sneakily relieved........:)

Edited by Fritag
  • Like 1

I also snapped off the main gear doors (deliberately). They just didn't seem to fit right, with a sizable gap along the hinge line. No idea how I'm going to change it to look better, but it was definitely wrong as per the instructions. If anyone can shed any light on exactly how the doors are supposed to look when fited I'd appreciate some images.

Looking good and I hope the Canopy is sorted soon.

This shot was taken at Elvington last year. I hope it's of some use regarding your Landing Gear Door Problem.

16428583378_9c25e2ba47_b.jpg

Tornado Gear Door by Marks CVS, on Flickr

• Like 1

Thanks Perdu, Fritag & FZ6.

I see what happens with the doors now - presumably from a side view there is no gap, but from an upwards view there would be a small gap. in the middle region?

So my hunch was correct: I had got them on wrong after all, but I've no idea how to fit them so they are right!

The door in that picture is when there isnt much hydraulic pressure in the system, usually only look like that if the jet has been left for a few days with out running the APU or engines. There is a gap there but youd only see it looking down if i remember correctly

• Like 2

The door in that picture is when there isnt much hydraulic pressure in the system, usually only look like that if the jet has been left for a few days with out running the APU or engines. There is a gap there but youd only see it looking down if i remember correctly

I think the bit above the light would be pretty much horizontal normally?

I think the bit above the light would be pretty much horizontal normally?

Thats right, once the hyd system have pressure the ram pushes the door back out and that becomes horizontal, becomes a very useful ledge to put things on like chocks when towing

• Like 1

On 22/02/2015 at 10:37 PM, Motley said:

Thats right, once the hyd system have pressure the ram pushes the door back out and that becomes horizontal, becomes a very useful ledge to put things on like chocks when towing

T]

Edited by dr_gn
  • Like 2

love that Tonka doc

I know you won't like it but all the grey air fleet machines I've seen pictures of (blimey I've seen some thousands of pictures in my quest to get the Jags right) no one place on the airframe matches any other place

Less preshading effect on one wing is probably just how they look on the hardstanding in front of the hangars

I reckon you will lose any mismatch when you start using post shading, pastels and dusting powders and the like

This looks really good, amazing even, if I didn't know the standard you work to

Brill, soon be a canopy on there :thumbsup2:

b

• Like 1

Mate,

Have'nt forgotten about the canopy,been a bit ill of late but I'll get it off to you early this week.

Don't worry about it Merv - look after yourself! Hope you're feeling better soon. Thanks very much.