Tornado ECR

Catbird

I'm in need of a good piccie of the under fuselage of an Italian ECR. I know they lack the recce fairing fitted to the German machines but I need to know what's not there/there. Also besides the Lifecolour FS36280,is there anything in another range. I keep getting Humbrol 126 as a good match, as quoted by Model Alliance and Tauro decals. Any opinions?

Which color you want to achieve? :)

0671845.jpg

I'd start playing with Tamiya XF-19 lightened with white(the plane on background). And I'd try to mix XF-19 with some amount of XF-21 and white for the plane on foreground.

BTW, we prepared decal set for italian Tornados. This set will feature options for 4 ECR amongst others.

mmd48002_1.jpg mmd48002_2.jpg

Ohh fancy some of them ......you will be getting a few orders from the SIG thats a fact !

Andy......ive also heard Hu 126 mentioned a lot ...could be the way to go if you cant get the Lifecolor set.

Andy

I'll see if I can find anything, in the meantime these pics taken by a fellow Italian modeller may be useful

http://www.tantopergioco.it/immagini/walkaround/walkaround-aerei-jet/nggallery/walkaround-aerei-jet/walkaround-tornado-ecr/page/5

Regarding the colour, many modellers have used RAF medium sea grey or FS 36270 instead of the "proper" 36280 grey. Really FS 36270 and 36280 are not too different and with some weathering the difference between the two would disappear on a model. The RAF colour is IMHO a bit too blue, something that is not often apparent. Of course, the Humbrol paint matched to 36270 is ... Hu126 !