New Sword Lightnings

Catbird

Mine have arrived and they look great. The one mistake is on the decal sheet, all of the intake warnings say "KEEP CLEAN" instead of KEEP CLEAR.

Perhaps this is Sword's way of reminding us that it's also important to keep a jet intake clean in order to reduce the chance of foreign object damage!

• Like 1

Ordered two of the F.3's in probably the most impulsive 30 seconds I've had yet in terms of modelling! Saw them on the Hannants top ten at positions 1 and 2 and thought these would shift quickly.

Had hoped they'd be here today but looks like I'll need to be patient til Monday, it was the 111 Sqn decals that swung it for me.

Eng

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

That might actually work..the Quickboost item is a couple of mm too long, as is the Trumpeter part that it's supposed to replace. That could replace the missing length! Have you actually tried it Sten? Did the taper of the nose match the diameter of the nose ring?

Yes I tried it. It's a near perfect fit. A few swipes with a sanding stick around the outside, and it blends in very well. And it sure beats trying to get the kit intake look good!

• Like 2

Yes I tried it. It's a near perfect fit. A few swipes with a sanding stick around the outside, and it blends in very well. And it sure beats trying to get the kit intake look good!

Hi Sten

Did you fit it to the two seater or the single seat kit?

Duncan B

Hi Sten

Did you fit it to the two seater or the single seat kit?

Duncan B

The two seater. Haven't got the single seater yet.

• Like 1