OK, after several tries linking the photo from Photobucket, and three paragraphs of text gone into Cyberspace, here is my last Real Space model, from the 94 reissue of the classic 60's Revell Astronaut in Space kit. I'm not going into any more detail about techniques in case that goes poosh as well, but there's a fair amount of scratchbuilt detail using the many available photos as reference. Umbilical was thick alloy wire wrapped in strips of gold foil. The visor was first sprayed gold inside then clear yellow outside. Better post this before anything else goes wr

PL

P1010053.jpg

• Like 7

That looks good, you've got the look of the real thing down well, I wonder though if a reflection of the earth in his visor would look better. I'm sure they all had that in the Nat Geos when I was young. ;):)

Steve.

I do like that!!! Really well done! I f you get chance could we see some more photos please? I made the Bandai ISS Space Suit awhile back but I made it straight OOB - which involved very little painting and stickers!

I like all your improvements!

Kind regards,

Stix

Bandai ISS Space Suit link if you're interested: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234946843-bandai-iss-space-suit-extravehicular-mobility-unit/

I do like that!!! Really well done! I f you get chance could we see some more photos please? I made the Bandai ISS Space Suit awhile back but I made it straight OOB - which involved very little painting and stickers!

I like all your improvements!

Kind regards,

Stix

Bandai ISS Space Suit link if you're interested: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234946843-bandai-iss-space-suit-extravehicular-mobility-unit/

Sadly I only took photos from that angle, maybe I could do some more. i deliberately underexposed them to get that shadowed effect with one light source. The Bandai astronaut is really cool looking - might see if I can get that one!

PL

• 1 month later...