Xtradecal 1/72 RAF 2014 update sheet

Stephen

Ooooooh, 41 sqn Typhoon markings will do very nicely. I know its not current RAF but could we have the Nimrod R1 with the big Goose markings on the nose. Im waiting for these and I know once Ive built my planned R1 these markings will appear.

Further to my similar thread on this forum, am rather hoping that the D-Day typhoon and 41 sqn Typhoon markings make it onto this sheet as well!

Paul

TwoBobs is going to be doing the D-Day Typhoon. He is sending the 1/48th to the printers and also doing a 1/72-1/32 combo sheet.

Edited by riffraff

TwoBobs is going to be doing the D-Day Typhoon. He is sending the 1/48th to the printers and also doing a 1/72-1/32 combo sheet.

If any 1/32 builder wants to split the cost of the combo with this 1/72 builder let me know

• Like 1

Ooooooh, 41 sqn Typhoon markings will do very nicely. I know its not current RAF but could we have the Nimrod R1 with the big Goose markings on the nose. Im waiting for these and I know once Ive built my planned R1 these markings will appear.

I'm waiting on those Nimrod markings too! I thought Airframe were going to do a set until they went out of business.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely sheet but it comes to something when just about every type in service can be squeezed onto one Xtradecal sheet!!

Eng

• Like 1

Lovely sheet but it comes to something when just about every type in service can be squeezed onto one Xtradecal sheet!!

Eng

LOL

Very true!

There again I would have loved to have been able to add the RN Hawk and the V Sqn Special tail Sentinel.

Jon

LOL

Very true!

There again I would have loved to have been able to add the RN Hawk and the V Sqn Special tail Sentinel.

Jon

If you are looking for some additional subjects for a second sheet, could I suggest the ETPS Hawk with gold tail markings and the Institute of Aviation Medicine's "9g" Hawk?

Well that's four options for a possible second sheet I suppose....

V Sqn Sentinel (for those brave souls who've paid out over £100 for the Anigrand kit!)

ETPS Hawk Gold Fin

Aviation Medicines Hawk

RN Hawk

Any others around that I've missed?

Jon

V Sqn Sentinel (for those brave souls who've paid out over £100 for the Anigrand kit!)

ETPS Hawk Gold Fin

Aviation Medicines Hawk

RN Hawk

Jon

Hi Jon,

I'd personally love to see 41 sqn typhoon marks for both single and twin seaters- would buy 1/72 and 1/48 versions! I'd also go for Italian airforce marks for their latest typhoon squadron, the one with the checkerboard rudders-37 stormo I think? That might not fit in with the theme of the sheet, however!

looking forward to the RAF update 2014 sheet!

Best regards, Paul

I like your taste in Typhoons Paul. I want the same as you. It is indeed 37 stormo based at Trapani. The best looking Italian markings going. Im still waiting for standard 12sqn "line jet" markings for the GR4.

• Like 1

ETPS Hawk Gold Fin

Aviation Medicines Hawk

RN Hawk

Jon

Whilst they've been about for a few years, a Qinetic Alpha Jet or would there be copyright issues surrounding the use of their logo ?

Edited by Richard E

• 2 months later...

ETPS Hawk Gold Fin

Aviation Medicines Hawk

RN Hawk

Jon

The new RAF Atlas as they are now flying ?