Airfix 1/24 Hawker Typhoon in STOCK

blikkey

I will be doing a set of masks at a discount for this wonderful kit, which will be available at Telford. They will consist of Roundels fin flash and camo masks. As I don't know what codes or serials you require you will be able to order those at the time of purchase and they will be also done at a discount and post free. I will probably do other items such as masks for the yellow leading edge.

As this kit is very popular and I am sure that many will want paint masks for it (who wouldn't?) please drop me an email at [email protected] just stating that you have read this and that you are interested. Please don't give me any details as this as I won't be able to do anything just yet, this is just to get some ideas about numbers.

I realise that some might actually want to build this for Telford, if you do and you would like paint masks for it then drop me a line and I will try and accomodate you.

I will be doing demonstrations on using paint masks at Telford so, if you are unsure, this is the time to check out just how easy this process is and just how much more realistic it is to paint the markings on your model than using decals; especially on large scale models. I will be with Albion Alloys and Uschi van der Rosten :D

Spoke to hattons yesterday ,they told me that it would be a couple of weeks .got home to the email saying it had been shipped .

09:45 this morning the yodel man is here with this .....bonus is the wife is at work....

imagejpg1_zps39f27fc4.jpg

A nice (slightly funny sounding) lady just called me from Hattons to advise that my Spit Vb and Big Tiff have arrived and they were happy to combine the postage cost to Australia. :clap2:

Small hitch was that the postage cost was amazingly high - however this was to be expected for such a large and heavy kit.

She did however say that going DHL - it should arrive here very quickly, I remarked that that will only only speed up the divorce proceedings :boxing: .. a quick chuckle ensured then "whack goes the Credit card".. or well - you only live once and I've told one of my mates that if I don't get to build it - I'll leave it in my will for him :hanging: - What a mate I am !

Cheers .. Dave

• Like 1

No I've checked mine all ok .one rocket is a bit twisted but clear parts are all good ,except for the slight blemish towards the rear of the canopy

Got a phone call from a very nice lady at Hattons this morning.

Courier playing hardball and has doubled the estimated cost due to weight much higher than expected.

Didnt really have a choice :( ; not blaming Hattons at all.

Airfix could perhaps provide a bit better advance product info to retaillers though; had the same problem with my Javelin.

I think it may have been OK if it had had another sprue gate going to it.

You mean because that would provide additional physical support on the sprue? Possibly, but then we'd be back into the problems where the two flows meet in the middle of the canopy and create a visible boundary line right through it.

You mean because that would provide additional physical support on the sprue? Possibly, but then we'd be back into the problems where the two flows meet in the middle of the canopy and create a visible boundary line right through it.

mmm.. is that what we call Catcha 22?

Thats a good point. Lucky im not a mold maker isnt it? It would be a right mess!

Got mine from Hattons today after card proplems yesterday,brilliant service,came 6 mins befor City Links stated time.

Stunning kit will look great next to my Mossie

and no cracked canopy!

Fantastic box art,

Edited by Torchy

I've just got a text from Hattons telling me my kit has been delivered - shame I'm not there to see it. Something else to look forward to on my return!

Wez

No cracks in my canopy, but it does have the distortion. After inspecting it closer, it appears the flaw is on the inside. If you run your finger along the inside, you can feel a slightly raised lump. To be honest, it's not something that will bother me, too much. I will be displaying the canopy hood in the open position, anyway.

All in all, I am thoroughly impressed. It looks like Airfix have taken real pride in producing this absolutely stunning kit.