Airfix 1/24 Hawker Typhoon in STOCK

blikkey

I was quite late with my Hattons order, so it's just tough luck I suppose. Got the same email, says on or after 15th August.

Mind you, need to be patient to allow the aftermarket to respond....

Edited by Griffter

I'm in the same boat as well !!

I pre-ordered mine on January 13 at GBP70.00 (less VAT for non Brits).

My 48th Spitfire Vb came in the other day and I asked Hattons if they could hold onto into until the Tiffy arrived - which they agreed to as they said it was expected within the next few days.

Let's see what ends up happening... the big Tiff was supposed to be my 44th Birthday present for June this year, it just may end up as a Fathers day gift this September (Aussie Dad's day)..

Cheers .. Dave.

Just got another email stating that Hattons has more than 10 in stock... I'm confused and it's quite late in the day where I am. I think I'll turn in and see what emails I get overnight...

Perhaps the big Tiff and that great looking Spit Vb are going to wing their way down under shortly - I know the postage is gonna kill me (if that doesn't - Mrs RL certainly will !!)

Cheers .. Dave

Update - just had a dialogue with Hattons who have said they have sufficient stock to fulfil pre-orders, hopefully dispatching today...

Let's wait to see what the Postie brings in the next day or two

Update on my earlier, I'd just looked back through my emithers to see when I placed my order with e-Hattons, turns out it was on 19th Jan, anyway went back my new e-mails and lo, there was one from e-Hattons telling me my kit had been dispatched, the best bit is that they've charged me £70 which was the price when I ordered - there's much-grinning-on-the-wold I can tell you!

A very happy Wez

• Like 1

Well……..they came…and they went……The Big H got their delivery yesterday and were sold out by early this morning !. They hinted at the fact that initial deliveries were probably more limited than they had hoped for and I guess once they had fulfilled all of their pre-orders there were very few left but given the kit cost and the scale I am surprised at just how quickly these kits are flying out the door……Imagine if Airfix had actually produced it in 1:32 scale……I suspect demand would have been even higher. Anyway, I wish Airfix the very best of luck with this venture…..they deserve to do well, making a brave decision but at the same time taking the trouble with R&D to deliver a top quality product. Sure, I expect one or two minor issues as with any model kit but I have every confidence that this kit will measure up to the standards they have set themselves and the previous benchmark they set themselves with the release of the Gloster Javelin FAW.9/9R, Avro Lancaster, Douglas C-47A Skytrain et al. Time for others to take note and perhaps scale down their own release programme whilst focussing more effort on R&D and kit engineering.

I too can confirm that I had a note from Hattons stating that it would be mid' August or later - BUT! Just had a second e-mail stating that they had taken delivery and my card had been charged ... and that delivery is imminent - next few days or so.

Gave them a quick call, very nice lady explained that earlier e-mail was in error, and that a few folk had called for confirmation.

Seems we have a go? .................... Oh, and I ordered mine back end of April, so I'm guessing that everything ordered up until at least then is being honoured with a delivery.

To everyone waiting for Hattons I've recently had an email saying it's in stock and will be despatched ASAP, having earlier had the '15 August' message, just in case you have n't allhad it. I've only got to wait for it to get to Francenow, which can be extremely variable, still I chose to live here.

Update on my earlier,.... anyway went back my new e-mails and lo, there was one from e-Hattons telling me my kit had been dispatched, the best bit is that they've charged me £70 which was the price when I ordered - there's much-grinning-on-the-wold I can tell you!

A very happy Wez

Ditto !!!! :D

Peter

Hattons sent mine today apparently?

Also just spoke to them and they still have stock available that they can send out tomorrow, if anyone wants one for £80 + £2 postage

hope this helps....

You must a large letter box for the kit to drop through..

No need. I'll go to Wonderland on Saturday and collect it in person.

Knock on the door this morning. 'Daddy' shouts my son. ' There's a man with a parcel at the door.'

I nearly fell down the stairs, opened the door to see the postman with a very small parcel. I'd won a world cup football!

At least my son is happy.

I ordered through Amazon. No sign of the promised email yet specifying a date.

The waiting continues.

I too can confirm that I had a note from Hattons stating that it would be mid' August or later - BUT! Just had a second e-mail stating that they had taken delivery and my card had been charged ... and that delivery is imminent - next few days or so.

Gave them a quick call, very nice lady explained that earlier e-mail was in error, and that a few folk had called for confirmation.

Seems we have a go? .................... Oh, and I ordered mine back end of April, so I'm guessing that everything ordered up until at least then is being honoured with a delivery.

I had the same sequence of 2 mails.

So I am guessing mine is underway; would be a bit cheeky to charge my card if they arent certain of when they have my goods.

I've had this email:

Hello

We thought you may like to know that an item you have on order with us, on order id xxxxxxxx, has had some information about its release date added or updated.

Airfix A19002 Hawker Typhoon MkIB £80.00

Our latest information from the supplier suggests this item will arrive with us on or after Friday 15th August 2014

Whilst we are hopeful this information is accurate, manufacturer lead times are frequently prone to be delayed. This information is to be used as a guide only.

We hope that this email has been useful.

Regards

Retail Team
Hattons Model Railways

Strike last post.

Went through the junk folder to find:

This is an automatic notification to inform you that we have processed your order for the following items:

1 * Airfix A19002 Hawker Typhoon MkIB @ £70.00 each = £70.00

Payment Type Amount Payment Card £72.00

Goods cost ex VAT: £58.33

Goods VAT charged: £11.67

1 model road, tram or air vehicle (bus, lorry, plane etc). Above 1750g. Mainland UK £2.00

Grand Total: £72.00

Your picking list number is xxxxxxx. Please quote this in all correspondence. Use the "Contact Us" link at http://www.ehattons.com with any questions regarding this transaction. Your invoice was created by Graeme Hogg who is featured on our website.

Your goods will be picked then packed and despatched to you. We will send an email when the items have been packed, with details of any parcel tracking references.

:D :D :D

Now i need to tell SWMBO.... :blush:

Its good to know that many of us paid an extra £ 2.28 for the pleasure of haveing to wait longer . Recon the moulds will have bedded in by the time the Amazon orders are sent so the fit will be so tight we wont need to use glue :)

10 May 2014

• Total £74.28
Not yet dispatched
Edited by Mottlemaster

Strike last post.

Went through the junk folder to find:

This is an automatic notification to inform you that we have processed your order for the following items:

1 * Airfix A19002 Hawker Typhoon MkIB @ £70.00 each = £70.00

Payment Type Amount Payment Card £72.00

Goods cost ex VAT: £58.33

Goods VAT charged: £11.67

1 model road, tram or air vehicle (bus, lorry, plane etc). Above 1750g. Mainland UK £2.00

Grand Total: £72.00

Your picking list number is xxxxxxx. Please quote this in all correspondence. Use the "Contact Us" link at http://www.ehattons.com with any questions regarding this transaction. Your invoice was created by Graeme Hogg who is featured on our website.

Your goods will be picked then packed and despatched to you. We will send an email when the items have been packed, with details of any parcel tracking references.

:D :D :D

Now i need to tell SWMBO.... :blush:

Just got home had the same email.. :D

Knock on the door this morning. 'Daddy' shouts my son. ' There's a man with a parcel at the door.'

I nearly fell down the stairs, opened the door to see the postman with a very small parcel. I'd won a world cup football!

At least my son is happy.

I ordered through Amazon. No sign of the promised email yet specifying a date.

The waiting continues.

Unfortunately for us Amazon orderers, I contacted them today, and they've not had any stock from Airfix! and the Lady who I spoke to said it would probably be around 4 weeks before they

had any at all!!