Duxford on Sunday

Paul J

....the wetter day!! I thought I'd show a few of the non flying display and pre flying as a way of change. But something got my attention in the other half of the TFC hangar. This Dutch Spitfire:

IMG_5817_zps3f86cc44.jpg

IMG_5818_zps5d9d9b1e.jpg

IMG_5820_zps09a83469.jpg

IMG_5819_zps594cfd3e.jpg

Does anyone know of the reason for it being there. It lacks a rudder. And where from(other than Netherlands)??

And below, this:

IMG_5834_zpsc4f5122c.jpg

Can anyone identify what its from?? I think its a Bristol looking wing. Maybe a Beaufighter. It has a D type roundel and large yellow area as you can see but is a bit of a mystery to me. Directly behind it, it looks like another and is what looks like a centre section stacked.

Then being towed to the flight line:

IMG_5786_zpsa56732d3.jpg

With this, the Red Bull B-25 and the Norwegian DC-3/C-53,P-51s it was a day of highly polished metal gathering!!

Cheers for that. Just need to find outa bit more about the 'yellow' wing! More of my pics tonight from Sunday at Duxford.

The yellow wing could be off a bolingbroke i have seen a yellow bolingbroke fuselage at duxford before but dont quote me im sure someone on here will know for sure

Don't think so. The chord is too wide and big and not the right shape for a Blenheim/Bolingbroke. Still leaning towards the Beaufighter. Might be the wings of the Beau that was once used for static engine testing at Henlow.

Some more photos of Sunday in the wet at Legends:

IMG_5832_zps1f028957.jpg

IMG_5831_zps5e1f3af8.jpg

The lambeth P-51 undergoing work. What I would love to see is this airframe be finished in its RCAF colours it wore when in service with that service in the 1950s!! That would be awesome!! (Instead of the ususal 8thAF markings) but that would be asking too much I suppose....

IMG_5829_zpsaf65f8d3.jpg

IMG_5825_zps9b719bad.jpg

IMG_5785_zpsd054d6ea.jpg

IMG_5784_zps2a330c91.jpg

IMG_5768_zps85f29578.jpg

IMG_5767_zpsbd447bee.jpg

With the Red Bull participation becoming more regular to Duxford, wouldn't it be lovely if next time,with the others in their fleet, they could bring their DC-6 and park it along the Connie!!! Now that would make it a worthwhile trip!!

IMG_5741_zps6480f361.jpg

Thats all I'll be doing as most of the rest I took were of the flying show and was a bit samey for me but lovely to see nevertheless and I'm sure others will have taken wonderful shots of the weekend as seen in another post. Cheers and thanks for looking!!

• Like 1