Another from the to finish pile, Airfix lancaster

Another build that's been languishing in the started pile for a while now, So seeing as the blackjack build is still awaiting white rattle-can procurement, I got on and finished this one.

The kit built beautifully, only slight meddling was needed on the top nacelle to wing fairings really.

Primed with rattle-can grey, then pre shaded with semi gloss black. Then the camo was sprayed free hand, Tamiya flat earth, and Vallejo bronze green were used, after masking the black was sprayed I used Tamiya NATO black.

Then a gloss coat of Tamiya clear cut with Mr levelling thinner was sprayed all over.

I had a bottle of Humbrol Decalfix on the shelf and thought id use this on the airfix decals rather than my usual Daco product, And this is where things started to fall apart...... The decalfix seemed to dissolve the paint where it touched right down to the grey primer(Never had that happen before with Daco or Microsol) , so this had to be touched in with the airbrush again.

The decals settled nicely though, and a quick MIG wash was run into the panel lines.

Some zorst stains were added using rubber black and deck tan, and a mist off deck tan was sprayed all over to tone it down a bit.

Finally a coat off Tamiya flat clear was sprayed all over which oddly dried with odd white powdery patches, luckily some neat klear applied with a brush sorted those out.

So all in Im happy with the outcome, Its no prize winner But It's taught me some more lessons from the trial and error book of modelling.

Enough waffle so now here are some photos.

20140717_074054.jpg

20140717_074104.jpg

20140717_074115.jpg

20140717_074124.jpg

20140717_074134.jpg

20140717_074152.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 12

Cheers for the comments guys,

Yup it's airfix and it's a very nice kit to build. Maybe one day I'll get around to building some smaller egg whisks to go with her.