1/48 Vulcan

davepb

First of all the fuselage of the Aeroclub B2 is split horizontally. I doubt whether it is a copy of this, the intakes look very squashed though that could be the angle of the photo. (And of course you would need an Aeroclub Vulcan to copy!). Also it's advertised as a "Falklands" B2' but the RWR on the fin is noticeable by its absence! John would know though. And before dissing this kit totally....where else will you get a 1/48th Vulcan? Sanger? Yeah one day! Aeroclub.? At twice this price? Airfix? One day, one day!

( and no I won't be buying one! I have to fix my Aeroclub B2 first, and I've been doing that for the last 15 years!)

Edited by Bill Clark
  • Like 1

First of all the fuselage of the Aeroclub B2 is split horizontally. I doubt whether it is a copy of this, the intakes look very squashed though that could be the angle of the photo. (And of course you would need an Aeroclub Vulcan to copy!). Also it's advertised as a "Falklands" B2' but the RWR on the fin is noticeable by its absence! John would know though. And before dissing this kit totally....where else will you get a 1/48th Vulcan? Sanger? Yeah one day! Aeroclub.? At twice this price? Airfix? One day, one day!

( and no I won't be buying one! I have to fix my Aeroclub B2 first, and I've been doing that for the last 15 years!)

Indeed looks like its the only option and it don't look bad at all. Certainly better than no 48th Vulcan. I would love to see your build on the Aeroclub Bill.

Or an RAF Concorde

I am actually working on one of those at the moment,. Very small heller kit. only paid 2.50 for it so decided to chop it up and do weird things with it for fun.

• Like 1

Rob Vulcn...I can't quote

You say about a British Airways Vulcan...Either Novo or Eastern Express marketed the ex FROG Britannia in Russia with Aeroflot markings as an IL-18.

Perhaps A Electra in BEA Red Square too using the 1/72 fuse and an Orion...looks just like a Vanguard :lol:

Understand though about it looking OK to many of us but not you....because you really know

A bit like me with Viscounts :P

• Like 1

I guess it's a question of paying your money and taking your choice ! Elsewhere on this site you will see car modellers builds of 1/20th. F1 multi-media kits that cost usually between £250 - £450.!! It all depends on what floats the boat. I must admit that I have backed off buying CA Meteor kits on e-.bay as I'm sure one of the main manufacturers will be releasing a complete range as soon as I have a loft full . Until Airfix actually announce a Vulcan in this scale I'll focus on the real world !

Cheers

Dave

I'd sooner see Airfix do a 1/72 Vulcan but they already do and its not as bad a kit as some make out.

It is also very accurate.

So what's not to like ;)

Oh and if they to do one It must be a B1 !! , its always the B2 that gets made

Edited by robvulcan
  • Like 1

I'm waiting for Airfix. I still say Airfix would have sold 1/48 Vulcans 20:1 over 1/48 Javelins. Nobody (except me and Roy Sutherland) on this side of the ditch has ever heard of a Javelin, but almost everybody has heard of the Vulcan.

Have to agree - nothing against the old dragmaster though

Size might put some buyers off but more likely they'd buy and stash

This same seller is the one that sold me a resin 144th Nimrod, which looked very similar to another manufacturers one....but quite poorly cast and covered in bubbles.

He has also listed other 144th aircraft which 'seem' to be very similar to built up vacforms that are then moulded.....or resin kits that 'clone themselves'

I would think this is related to the Aeroclub one in some way!

This same seller is the one that sold me a resin 144th Nimrod, which looked very similar to another manufacturers one....but quite poorly cast and covered in bubbles.

He has also listed other 144th aircraft which 'seem' to be very similar to built up vacforms that are then moulded.....or resin kits that 'clone themselves'

I would think this is related to the Aeroclub one in some way!

With all the bubbles in it maybe they are made by "Aero"

The lighter way to enjoy resin !

• Like 2

I'd be happy with a new tool 1/72 Airfix one, followed by a Victor. Plenty big.

Tony

Amen to that. 72nd 1st, Then a follow up with 48th, 72 makes more sense to me

• Like 1

It does make more sense, but how much sense does a 1/24 anything, or a 1/32 B-17 make? And yet they're flying off the shelves.

Hahah I agree but I think it makes more sense to

Make 1/72 as that appeals to a broad church.

Much as I would love a 1:24 Vulcan I fear it would = DIVORCE. ;)

,,, worth it maybe ;) why not 1/16th scale :)

• Like 2

1/3 scale was the factory-approved scale model, and even at that size a singe Derwent was quite adequate.

avro707a_00.jpg

If you went down to 1/4 scale, a single J85 would be more than enough. If you wanted four of something the Williams FJX-2 would be a possible choice.

• Like 2

This has been reduced on ebay now.

£175 + £22 p&p

.... and someone has made a bid, is it anyone from this forum? Who do we know would like to make a very large resin kit?

Suggestions below:

General Melchett?

• Like 1

Is it worth £175?

Can anybody see any fundimental problems with the photos provided?

Who makes the kit in the first place?

Depends what floats your boat., For a similar price I would sooner make 4 Airfix ones on a QRA dio