1:72 Blohm and Voss 141....you know it....it's weird....and now finished!

Click on the link you will end up in google drive the file is called DW1.mp3 then click on "open with" select an app. I selected DriveTunes, it installs and then it can be played.

Sorry I should have given instructions. Mind you this is the first time I have done this.

Stephen

Cheers....Very amusing! :thumbsup::lol:

The audio file thingy worked for me too - LOLs and ta.

Some very nice painting there and my gosh you appear to have actually got preshading working for you. Congratulations, I never have.

the very unimpressive bombs

Agreed, those fins must be about 100mm thick (4" for our USofA cousins).

• Like 1

Hi Bruce

Great work on the BV, bit worried the thread is in danger of returning to being about model aircraft, but I'm sure we can rely on someone to put a stop to that !

Cheers Pat

Ha ha!

Just been to props jets and rotors at the SA aviation museam and put some kits in for fun with my lad!!!

Too many top players for me to compete with but gee it's great stuff.

Cheers!

The guys at the "props jets and rotors" show were really generous and gave a junior award to my lad for his Fairey Battle that we worked on together.

They didn't have to do that at all but gee it made my lads day and he looks forward to making a Mk1 fabric wing Hurricane that he now has in "his" stash.

Top stuff and many thanks to the organisers.

Cheers

• Like 2

The guys at the "props jets and rotors" show were really generous and gave a junior award to my lad for his Fairey Battle that we worked on together.

They didn't have to do that at all but gee it made my lads day and he looks forward to making a Mk1 fabric wing Hurricane that he now has in "his" stash.

Cheers

It's one way of encouraging the next generation to get involved in the modelling hobby.

• Like 1

Here's how the contemporary British magazine The Aeroplane viewed this aircraft:

BV141_cartoon_1.jpg

"Your nose is here, your engine's there

Your tail's just stuck on anywhere

You symbolise the grotesque Hun

Begone, distorted one four one!"

Not fans, it would seem!

And for those who still think it couldn't fly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV96hXwWN7c

• Like 5

Here's how the contemporary British magazine The Aeroplane viewed this aircraft:

BV141_cartoon_1.jpg

"Your nose is here, your engine's there

Your tail's just stuck on anywhere

You symbolise the grotesque Hun

Begone, distorted one four one!"

Not fans, it would seem!

And for those who still think it couldn't fly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV96hXwWN7c

Well that's interesting. I might have to rethink the decals looking at that footage!

Cheers

Bruce

Well that's interesting. I might have to rethink the decals looking at that footage!

Cheers

Bruce

Just don't put the cockpit on backwards as in the cartoon!

• Like 1

Cheers

Great stuff Bruce

Really pleased your son is getting into the hobby, my youngest son who's 8 and I are taking part in the D-Day GB, although we need to get our finger out, out of curiosity how old is your son to already have his own stash ?

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Great stuff Bruce

Really pleased your son is getting into the hobby, my youngest son who's 8 and I are taking part in the D-Day GB, although we need to get our finger out, out of curiosity how old is your son to already have his own stash ?

Cheers Pat

My lad is 6 Pat. His stash consists of gifts, stuff that I get him when I buy stuff and he happens to be there too, and kits kindly given to him like from the guys at the prop jets and rotors show

Already has...Italeri Night Harrier, Academy F100 Super Sabre, Airfix Eurofighter Typhoon, Minicraft F/A18 Hornet, Hobby Boss F16 Fighting Falcon, Hobby Boss F5E Tiger II, Airfix Matador Vehicle with 5.5 inch Artillery and now a Mk1 Rag Wing Hurricane!!!!.

Oh my lord......what have I done!!???? :hypnotised::whistle:

• Like 3

I tried to get my son into modelling, no good. He likes destroying and killing things with a computer. Kids!

Stephen

So does mine Stephen....so does mine.

But I do try and encourage him a little with the kits and building stuff.. Mainly I think to foster an interest in Aircraft and flight etc which I love.

All good fun

Cheers

BRuce

• Like 1

Alex, my son, nearly 19, might not be interested in modelling ( too slow for him, I think) has the reflexes and decision making skills of a fighter pilot and the wit of Billy Connolly, knows what is going on in the world, doesn't watch the news. Tuesday I took him to the doctors, his mother sent me a text wanting to know where we were his reply "Next door making meth with Douglas" the mother's reply was "Don't blow the house up". Douglas is better known as Druggy Douggie. Alex is not interested in drinking tea, coffee or any alcohol and certainly not interested in drugs.

My lad is 6 Pat. His stash consists of gifts, stuff that I get him when I buy stuff and he happens to be there too, and kits kindly given to him like from the guys at the prop jets and rotors show

Already has...Italeri Night Harrier, Academy F100 Super Sabre, Airfix Eurofighter Typhoon, Minicraft F/A18 Hornet, Hobby Boss F16 Fighting Falcon, Hobby Boss F5E Tiger II, Airfix Matador Vehicle with 5.5 inch Artillery and now a Mk1 Rag Wing Hurricane!!!!.

You giving him skills to be free of losers like druggy douggie and a hobby that can last a lifetime.

You had better get him building, at 6 that stash is too big.

Stephen

Edited by StephenCJ
  • Like 2

g'day Bruce!

Just discovered this post and your battle against this hun plane.

It is really looking good, but you should wait for the canopy to arrive, it's almost certain you'll need to sand and adjust to make it fit properly to the fuselage.

BTW! I have some Future to spare with you if you're interested. Please let me know.

• Like 1

Great stuff Bruce gives us dads a chance to relive our childhood, but now with extra spending power !

I hope you are carrying on the tradition of putting them on his bedroom ceiling with fishing line and drawing pins.

I am planning recreate what was on my bedroom ceiling as a lad (no not a mirror ball Stephen !) a B17 with Jerry's attacking one side and japs the other.

Cheers Pat

• Like 3

Great stuff Bruce gives us dads a chance to relive our childhood, but now with extra spending power !

I hope you are carrying on the tradition of putting them on his bedroom ceiling with fishing line and drawing pins.

I am planning recreate what was on my bedroom ceiling as a lad (no not a mirror ball Stephen !) a B17 with Jerry's attacking one side and japs the other.

Cheers Pat

Now Pat. You actually seriously spooked me and made the hair on my head stand on end then.

I DID pin all my my builds to the ceiling of my room...with bloody drawing pins(I painted them white to blend them into the ceiling), I did use a clear line, I did set them up in the RAF V Luftwaffe, USAAF v Japan dogfight scenarios....oh dear...oh dear!!!!!

Wow!!

Are we still allowed to do that today!!! LOL :blink::blink2:

• Like 3

g'day Bruce!

Just discovered this post and your battle against this hun plane.

It is really looking good, but you should wait for the canopy to arrive, it's almost certain you'll need to sand and adjust to make it fit properly to the fuselage.

BTW! I have some Future to spare with you if you're interested. Please let me know.

Thanks Paulo....from what I can gather that Future stuff is liquid gold in Oz so you keep it safe....should be used on your builds...mine aren't worthy!

My B&V is an experiment in everything. There are already things I've done I won't do again but that's learning and I love it.

I desperately want some stuff to arrive next week otherwise I have to start another project and I dont want to do that until I finish this and the Dora! LOL

Oh well ......see what happens otherwise there's an Italian Stuka that's going to get web time!

Now Pat. You actually seriously spooked me and made the hair on my head stand on end then.

I DID pin all my my builds to the ceiling of my room...with bloody drawing pins(I painted them white to blend them into the ceiling), I did use a clear line, I did set them up in the RAF V Luftwaffe, USAAF v Japan dogfight scenarios....oh dear...oh dear!!!!!

Wow!!

Are we still allowed to do that today!!! LOL :blink::blink2:

Absolutely, after all it never did us any harm..............er well then again...!

Think of it as a part of growing up before the pop posters, and centrefolds eras begin

Cheers Pat

• Like 2