1:72 Blohm and Voss 141....you know it....it's weird....and now finished!

Damn!!!

Tough choice!

I think I'll do both....open a red.......and start another ugly old Airfix kit ......the classic Stuka!

I don't have an AXIS obsession but some might come to that conclusion......and who could blame them :shrug:

Great choice Bruce

One of the first kits I built when returning to the hobby, bigger than I remembered it as well. Now depending how old your version is, it may also have the Italian markings ?

I don't want to tempt fate, but is it worth us all looking for spares for the Stuka now, so we save time later on ?

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

Great choice Bruce

One of the first kits I built when returning to the hobby, bigger than I remembered it as well. Now depending how old your version is, it may also have the Italian markings ?

I don't want to tempt fate, but is it worth us all looking for spares for the Stuka now, so we save time later on ?

Cheers Pat

The answer to that is probably YES!!!

My kit is the old one and I think does have the Italian markings which is the version I reckon I'll do for something a bit different.

The kit looks same vintage as my B&V with the plastic sprues and boxing

Cheers

I am quietly chuckling away about where this thread has gone winenut! By the way, the plane is looking great!

Ha ha!

Me too.....my thread has been hijacked!

Probably due to a lack of progress with actual modelling :banghead:

Anyway the crew from Airfix confirmed my replacement canopy has been sent International Priority so that's great news. :thumbsup:

Also Aeroworks said the decal sheet for my Dora should arrive in about 3-4 weeks which is cool but I DID order another decal sheet on Evil bay last weekend in a hazy red wine late night session shopping on the net!

Oh well ....whichever turns up first goes on the current unfinished Dora and the second goes on my next Dora purchase I guess :coolio:

B&V going okay....if that main canopy turns up I think it will all come together in a flash......probably should make a head start on all the other masking in the meantime!

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Bruce

As one of the chief suspects in the thread Hijack, can I apologise.....

I promise to do my best to avoid a repeat of this in the future.

Cheers Pat

No apology required Pat....I'm actually quite capable of derailing my own threads LOL! :frantic:

• Like 2

Hi Bruce

As one of the chief suspects in the thread Hijack, can I apologise.....

I promise to do my best to avoid a repeat of this in the future.

Cheers Pat

If you stop misbehaving Jockney there will be trouble.

I should be nice and get on with my builds - maybe you could do some encouraging.

I'm glad things are starting to work out Winenut

Stephen

• Like 2

I like what your doing with this, Its nice to see experimentation going on, I like to try and evolve things it keeps things interesting.

The pit looks nice I like the way you have painted it all.

Looking good ;)

• Like 1

I like what your doing with this, Its nice to see experimentation going on, I like to try and evolve things it keeps things interesting.

The pit looks nice I like the way you have painted it all.

Looking good ;)

Thanks Rob.

I'm just enjoying having a crack again after 30 odd years off. I'm amazed how much the tips and contributors on this site have helped me improve my build and final finish.

Oh and having a bit more cash now than my $5 pocket money hasn't hurt the final outcome either!

I like where my B&V seems to be going and it's a hoot having a crack at something different.

Just wish I had a bit more time each week to progress things more quickly.....but in the words of another infamous Australian...such is life! :blink2:

• Like 2

My wife has to go to Sydney for 2 days.

She found a room for $29 per night, sounds like it could be an outhouse. For that price it I don't think include the thunder box.

Hijacking you thread again Winenut, sorry.

Stephen

• Like 1

She didn't stay at the $29 a night room. Her's cost $170 a night.

She is having a good time went to woolies (don't know what for) spent 20 mins in the checkout line trying to get out and had 4 things. Woolies in the city has 4 levels for food, a 1kg punnet of strawberries cost nearly $9.

We pay about $5 in a green grocer, the joys of city living.

She just sent a txt , she has found a bloody full size tardis she wants to bring home.

I did spend yesterday painting a Hurricane and a Tiger moth, and I'm doing some touch ups today. Maybe, the weather is lousy here it is only 14 degC.

Stephen

• Like 1

Its about that temperature here in the frozen summer wastes around Aberdeen (Scotland).

You still have Woolies in Australia?

And there are full size Tardises for sale??

I find this all quite extraordinary (and a little hard to believe).

Nigel

Now back to our main presenter of fairly dodgy old Airfix kits...

• Like 2

We are Dr. Who fans from the beginning of the series. My 19 yr old son loves the B/W episodes. We have 2 Daleks ( one Dalek is beside my bed and says "EXTERMINATE" plus other words of wisdom) and a TARDIS that sits opposite a darlek in the hall keeping watch on each other.

You ring us and the answering machine gets the call you hear "You are an enemy of the Daleks, you must be destroyed, Exterminate" then I say "Daleks everywhere, leave a message we will call you back", in a frantic voice, then the TARDIS turns up to save us all.

All right, I might be a bit odd. You won't be the first to think that or the last.

Yes Nigel we still have woolies here, they are the greatest consumer of our wages.

Stephen

• Like 1

She just sent a txt , she has found a bloody full size tardis she wants to bring home.

The perfect solution for a modeller! TARDIS in the spare room, kit stash and completed models in the TARDIS!

You ring us and the answering machine gets the call you hear "You are an enemy of the Daleks, you must be destroyed, Exterminate" then I say "Daleks everywhere, leave a message we will call you back", in a frantic voice, then the TARDIS turns up to save us all.

Oh, I so want to hear that!

• Like 5

All right, I might be a bit odd. You won't be the first to think that or the last.

Stephen

NOOOO...... not at all ( :mental: )............WTF.......Shopping in Woolies???

Sean

Click on the link you will end up in google drive the file is called DW1.mp3 then click on "open with" select an app. I selected DriveTunes, it installs and then it can be played.

Sorry I should have given instructions. Mind you this is the first time I have done this.

Stephen

Edited by StephenCJ
  • Like 1

Worked fine for me - clicked the link, went to the page and pressed play.

You're nuts. Clearly you don't have to worry about clients ringing in the middle of the night and being greeted by daleks! I'd die of starvation.

(But I've loved the Doctor since I was a kid, too).

Is there a Doctor in the house???!! LOL

Had an awesome day off work today for the kids VIP day at school.

Heaps of fun and in between dropoffs and class visits and sausage sizzles I got 1 hour of painting in before pick up time.

Here's what's happened...

Not a great photo guys but this is the result of my mask and dark grey tyre experiment

14184_319015674926897_760572203397927010

Might put a wash on it just to bring out the detail

Here's the very unimpressive bombs tidied up with the Humbrol 91 and ready for installing when the time comes

10563205_319015601593571_155235667307951

Here's the upper wing with some RLM02. Not the best shot but some idea.

10577161_319015558260242_224188691968245

here's the lower wing showing the very rough preshade and the RLM02 final coat....getting there!

10562936_319015444926920_366432878757762

this is the upper again with the idea for the cowling held with some blutac

10599514_319015414926923_886459377752216

for this last one I put a few of the final pieces into position to see how it might look

Not too bad and I think the finish line might be in sight if the new canopy arrives and I get off my backside and mask the greenhouse!

10613039_319015358260262_337136915286262

Thanks for following....hoping to get to Props Jets and Rotors tomorrow at the SA Aviation museum if I can fit it in!

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 5