1:72 Blohm and Voss 141....you know it....it's weird....and now finished!

I'd say that's a good level of compromise.....You've added (or removed) all the distinctive bits that might be visible through the canopy. If you are building the RLM02 scheme, I don't believe you need to worry about the gun troughs under the pilots feet. :coolio:

• Like 1

Looking good! I'm impressed with your painting of the figures - I wish my pilot looked that good. I'm going to have to practice painting figures for future builds. Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Although the canopy of the BV.141 is superficially similar to that of the FW.189 in detail it isn't the same. The arrangement of the the twin MGs under the pilot's seat requires a good close fit with the canopy, something that will be rather tricky with the Airfix parts.....If you think the outside is rounded, check out the inner surfaces! :shutup:

I meant the style of reproduction by Airfix.

• Like 1

Looking good! I'm impressed with your painting of the figures - I wish my pilot looked that good. I'm going to have to practice painting figures for future builds. Keep up the good work.

Thanks for the kind words. The encouragement really helps!

I don't normally add the lads but this build had a big and very sparse greenhouse so I think it needed the boys to add interest.....also because I think my paint scheme will be basically one colour so again the kit needed something.

My 1:72 pilot painting is really simple.....paint the flight suit, carefully paint the Mae West life vest, pick off the boots and gloves in the right colour, paint the headgear, add the human element to the face in a mix of flesh/tan/brown.....maybe pick off any other highlights if you can (flight masks, goggles....anything obvious), once dry give the figure some sort of wash in black, grey, or brown etc to darken up the crease lines...then when all dry spray with a flat coat to seal it all in.

Glad you liked it and I hope we can still see the lads when the glass goes on!

Cheers

Edited by Winenut

Forgot to say that your interior looks slightly better than the original ;) How did you manage to not knock off those quarter-rings at the extreme rear of the gunner's station ? They are usually the first to break off and go AWOL, even without building.

• Like 1

Q: What has three heads and two feet?

A: The crew of an Airfix Bv141!

I've always liked this aircraft and thought it was high time Airfix brought out a new tool version where the crew weren't deformed to fit the interior. What would be really nice is if one of the mainstream manufacturers produced one in a larger scale - 1:32 please, Revell?

• Like 2

What would be really nice is if one of the mainstream manufacturers produced one in a larger scale - 1:32 please, Revell?

I reckon this would be right up Zoukei-Mura's street... And they like suggestions!

• Like 1

Well to be honest, while it's an interesting concept and therefore an eyecatcher, it's one of the least significant aircraft of WW II. I would say the market could take a long-run Hurricane in 32nd, or perhaps a Mosquito, would it ? :coolio:

• Like 1

Righto!

Chocks away!

Well....not all has gone to plan.

Snipped the canopy off but it did this!

10494865_312272595601205_756656901632663

Tried to polish it out ....and managed to do this..

10517552_312272535601211_616138677143269

Tried to save the whole thing with a dip of the canopy but it just didn't work.

Went to the LMS tail between my legs to buy the whole damn kit to get another canopy...but for the first time ever they didn't have the kit!!.

Drove to another place I saw the kit the week before and they'd sold it in the last couple of days!!!

This build is going to take longer than expected and be double the cost! :wall:

Anyway I pushed on...

Here's a few of the bits...

10527555_312272648934533_891404310395125

Put the gondola and wings in position

10352294_312282355600229_445414341810623

tidied it up a bit and it looks like this...

1551751_312282462266885_8204410171995498

Getting there! Next photos should have the new canopy, some masking and also some pre-shading experiments for the first time for me.

Cheers

Edited by Winenut
  • Like 2

Nice extra detailing, Winenut!

Are you going to add a cooling fan to the front of the engine?

regards,

Martin

Nope!

But since I'm about to purchase another whole kit to get my first canopy right i might just have a crack on number two!

Thanks for the inspiration .....I'm off to google a heap of cooling fan stuff now :blush:lol!

Hi Winenut

I would email Airfix to see if they would replace the clear parts, can't do any harm and has to be cheaper than another kit, they have posted out bits I have need previously without charge.

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

Hi Winenut

I would email Airfix to see if they would replace the clear parts, can't do any harm and has to be cheaper than another kit, they have posted out bits I have need previously without charge.

Cheers Pat

Thanks Pat

Don't know if Australia is on their free mail list!! :blink:

cheers!

Thanks Pat

Don't know if Australia is on their free mail list!! :blink:

cheers!

Maybe not, but postage may still be cheaper than another kit......

Drop them an email and let us know how you get on

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

Maybe not, but postage may still be cheaper than another kit......

Drop them an email and let us know how you get on

Cheers Pat

Shame about the canopy Winenut. Try Airfix, you have nothing to loose.

Stephen

Actually thanks heaps for this Pat and Stephen.

You're right I have nothing to lose so I will contact Airfix.....top idea.

I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Bruce

I second what Pat said. Airfix's parts service is excellent and they will probably sell you a new part and I can't believe the postage for such a small light item is going to break the bank.

Martin

• Like 1

I second what Pat said. Airfix's parts service is excellent and they will probably sell you a new part and I can't believe the postage for such a small light item is going to break the bank.

Martin

I've just finished on the Airfix website with their customer support area and logged a request to purchase a replacement if I could.

I'm interested to see what they can do. I know Airfix is really revamping and repositioning themselves and this would be a great area to differentiate themselves apart from the great work they are doing in re-tooling and improving the kits themselves.

I will certainly let you know how I get on and in the interim I will push on with whatever I can.

Chocks away!!

Cheers

Bruce