Hasegawa 1/48 J35B Draken

Fabulous build.

Love the Draken, my favorite aircraft. You have done a great job on the NMF.

I would like to see more of how you redid the bang seat.

Also, what blue color did you use for the fin?

/Johan

Fabulous build.

Love the Draken, my favorite aircraft. You have done a great job on the NMF.

I would like to see more of how you redid the bang seat.

Also, what blue color did you use for the fin?

/Johan

Unfortunately I never took any WIP pictures of this build.

But what I did was simply to scratch build a new seat using plastic card using the original seat as model. I cut out and re-used parts as for example the head rest. I also did some extra detailing to the rear of the cockpit as it is quite simple in the kit.

35+9.jpg

35+11.jpg

I actually used the surface from the (cut out and replaced) wheel bay as back part to simulate the riveting.

35+10.jpg

35+12.jpg

The Tail was painted with a mix of Gunze H35 trying to match the color of the National Insignias by mixing in H15. Have no idea of any percentage.

• Like 2

Outstanding model!! I didn't know they once were in NMF, so now I want to build a Draken!!!

Jeffrey

Go ahead :) The Hasegawa is really a nice kit and there are loads of after market parts and decals out there if you really want to go broke. Some of the 'Limited Edition Special Paint' kits form Hasegawa can be found at reduced pricing on the net.

Some of the J35A and B versions were NMF in the early days and all of the J35C (also the Finnish Air Force ones). I think Maestro Models has a complete conversion kit for the C-version version.

For a green one I can recommend using either TwoBobs decals or RDBstudio yellow generic number and wing decals if you want to go out of the box for a Swedish one decal wise. I would be cool to see a few J35D in the future as Hasegawa never released that variant. Quite an easy back date though.

Fantastic end result of an amazing aeroplane.

I was lucky enough to see a real one fly at Waddington 2014 airshow. Amazing aircraft.

Superb modelling.

• 2 months later...

A pleasant surprise -- really like your work - nicely done natural metal finish !! Saw one of these in an aviation museum in Germany and was struck with how attractive the Draken is-- and was impressed with how small it is -- especially sitting next to an F-4 Phantom!!

I agree with all the previous accolades. What a stunning finish and beautiful model, breath taking work Fred. I lok forward to some more future buiilds from you.

Zhizhou