Hasegawa 1/48 J35B Draken

Hi,

Here is my Hasegawa J35F converted into a J35B from F18 Wing that was located just south of the capital Stockholm.

35+1.jpg

35+4.jpg

The plane represents R57 from the Swedish Air Force Acrobatic Team 'Acro Deltas' back in 1964-65. The early J35Bs were then finished in a bare metal finish.

35+2.jpg

35+3.jpg

Some after market from Aires, Eduard and Mestro Models was used togheter with a scratch built bang-seat, as the early J35 had no parashute built into the seat.

35+5.jpg

The metal finish is made with different shades of Aclad II and the rest is painted with Gunze and Valejjo and weathered. The superb decals are from Twobobs.

35+7.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Cheers!

/Fred

• Like 34

Well deserved award. great build! Love the Draken in NM. Rarely see it!

This would look great next the Tunaan & Lansen in 1/48 Swedish build idea!...I may do in 1/72?!?!

Steve

very nice model of one of my favorite planes! (maybe I am a little bit biased, As 19 years ago the could still be seen quite regularly here in Austria!

could you please elaborate a little bi more about the ejection seat mods you did?

very nice model of one of my favorite planes! (maybe I am a little bit biased, As 19 years ago the could still be seen quite regularly here in Austria!

could you please elaborate a little bi more about the ejection seat mods you did?

That is nice in deed as the J35Ö were actually the refurbished J35D that belonged to my old Wing, F4.

Here you find some more info and pics regarding the bang seat:

http://www.ejectionsite.com/j35seat.htm

http://u-fr.blogspot.se/2011/01/early-swedish-ejection-seats.html

• Like 1

One of my all time favorite aircraft.... I was never sure about the Draken in the N/M finish but now I see this one built, its a real beauty. Well done on the superb finish too....a real inspiration to get my own project started someday soon !.

Thanks for sharing it with us.