F6C Armee de L'Air 1950's

PaulT 876

Hi All
Its about time I joined this GB if that's ok with you Wellzy & Gingerbob. As you can see I shall be making a French Photo Mustang again like the 1st GB a while back.
I shall use the ICM P51c kit as the base, and Berna decals and some scratch decals to complete the build.
The a/c I shall do is R7-N 410889 of GR2/33 Savoie 1950 ish, I have 2 photos of this a/c which will help and it is one of the few that has had its photo taken with wing tanks on.

The Kit and Bits
F6C1DSC_9642_zpsf55510b4.jpg

F6C2DSC_9649_zps8973909a.jpg
As you can see 2 kits, I shall cut the tail off the D as the C dose not have the fin fillet that I need the other kit shall have the C kit tail added to make a early D later.

2 Photos of the a/c I shall make
F6C3DSC_9648_zps7d38a009.jpg

F6C4DSC_9650_zpsa32ebc4f.jpg

Well that's all for now, on with the build.

Paul

• Like 3

Hi

Just a quick update.

I have made a start wow 1st modeling since Telford so looks like i have broken the block.

I have replaced the tails, made the side camra port and about 1/2 way through the cockpit i have added a floor as its a Merlin bird.

I have started the wings and a few other small bits.

I have all the decals now.

I will get around to the photos at some point.

Thanks Les & Rich i have made the ICM kit before and with just a bit of care it is ok, i had more trouble with a Tamiya one mined i was rushing and that might have been down to me.

This one is a slow steady build for me.

Till Next time

Paul

• Like 1

Hi

I have been making slow steady progress on the kit, all most finished the cockpit I will leave the seat out just now as I aim 90% Shaw I will fit a pilot, then its join the fuselage together.

Got the wings together just need tidying up.

Les the tail swap was quite painless, so no problem there.

Will try to get the photos done later as aim at work now.

More later I hope.

Paul

• Like 1

Hi
I have the fuselage together got to tidy that up.
The wings are ready to go on once the above is ready.
Drop tanks 1/2 done, have to mount them on the carriers and sort the pipe work on them.

The photos I have so far.

DSC_9654_zps40355059.jpg

DSC_9655_zpsdbe1094a.jpg

The Tail Swap it worked ok

DSC_9668_zpse4bf2a25.jpg

DSC_9680_zpsbdaf99bf.jpg

The cockpit as much as I will do to it as a Pilot will be fitted so will not see much anyway

DSC_9661_zps05d21064.jpg

The flaps made a start on them.

I have 2 weeks off work now its are stand down time lots to do so I hope to get more done at some point.

Paul

• Like 2

Hi Patrice

Yes I have known the site for about 3 years, it has helped a lot.

I was helped out last time when I did the F6D by a few freinds, Jean-Jacques Petit helped me quite a lot.

Look in the completed GB section for the Mustang GB 1 and you will find my other build.

A quick up date I have the wings on and aim just filling and tidying up, doing a small bit at a time.

I shall be doing quite a few French Mustangs mostly in 48th but 2 planned for 32nd and one in 24th that's the big plan but it will take time.

I will post photos when I get time, must get the car packed for the Avon show tomorrow.

See ya

Paul

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hello Paul,,

just came upon this....

how is it coming along.. did you manage to get any pictures sorted ..Would love to see it...

Hope it is coming along ... :goodjob: sounds like you have done quite a bit too. :speak_cool::thumbsup:

you will post the finished model wont you..it would be AWESOME to see it ...

Good Luck and thanks...