WNW Sopwith Pup RNAS, 3 (N) Sqn

Hi folks, this will be my entry into this GB;

IMG_8359_zpse9acef12.jpg

Sprues look fantastic of course;

IMG_8360_zpscfcd71b6.jpg

IMG_8361_zps35864b19.jpg

IMG_8362_zpscd1e0534.jpg

Doing the option with the red cowl and the 'Sopwith' Motif on the tail. Going to be using Bobs Buckles and fishing line for the rigging, looking forward to getting started.

• 1 month later...

So, managed to make a start on this Pup. The kit is marvellous, like putting a well fitting puzzle together...which is what it is I guess. Anyhoo;

IMG_8459_zps44dd11b8.jpg

IMG_8460_zpsae279b74.jpg

All went together like a dream, used some 0.2mm Nickel rod for the bracing wires.

Got relatives over for the weekend, so more progress on Wednesday I would think.

• 2 weeks later...

I've often wondered why people go on about WNW kits so much and why they go for daft prices on eBay. Being a 1/144 builder I've never really taken a good look at their kits, but from the sprue shots and your cockpit I can now see what all the fuss is about. Nice work so far :)

Managed to get a couple of hours at the bench yesterday, got the instrument panel finished and painted up the prop. I know it's ahead of sequence, but couldn't resist;

IMG_8474_zpsd8137a3d.jpg

And in position. Didn't need to glue, just slid firmly into position;

IMG_8479_zps0f53911c.jpg

And the prop;

IMG_8477_zpsac3a4662.jpg

Should get a bit more done today, hoping to get the fuselage halves together. Laters...

OK so a bit more done this morning, seat painted up;

IMG_8480_zps9dc1e436.jpg

Cockpit assembly inside the fuselage halves;

IMG_8481_zps7d94f9e0.jpg

IMG_8482_zpsb3eb8657.jpg

Glued the fuselage halves together, but haven't glued the cockpit assembly itself in yet. I'm aware there have been some fit issues with the bottom of the cockpit interfering with the top of the bottom wing, so thought I'd leave it until the time comes so I have more fettling slack.

Also painted and fitted the tail skid in place, and attached the horizontal tail surfaces;

IMG_8483_zps6057481c.jpg

So that's it for now, at work for the rest of the week, more on Tuesday next week! :thumbsup2:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A spot of superglue and some very thin copper wire should do the trick. It won't take long, honest. If you can see plugs, you will see the wires, and don't forget what you can view from below via the cowling cutouts