Whispering Giant, British Eagle.

1/144 Bristol Britannia, F-RSIN

British Eagle

Brit5_zps0964548e.jpg

This is another 'nostalgia build' of my memories of Heathrow in the 1960's. I remember seeing these as a kid, looking lovely on the ramp. British Eagle used them on a trooping flight contract to Germany, so anf ex Army guys might well remember them. They were also used on regular passenger flights and ranged far and wide. It was agreat shame when Eagle went out of business.

This is the F-RSIN kit, a short run plastic injection moulding and one of the many great subjects they do. It is not a 'shake and bake' kit but builds up very nicely and without any real problems. I messed up one of the tail decals and emailed Laurent at F-RSIN who helped me out very quickly with superb customer service. His advice was to coat the decals with Microscale decal film, which i did and had no further problems.

Hers she is a lovely kit, aircraft and colour scheme. I hope you like,

Brit1_zpsedb16bac.jpg

Brit3_zps07197339.jpg

Brit4_zps68b4c9da.jpg

Brit2_zps6359eed7.jpg

Brit7_zpsd2f2d0dc.jpg

Brit8_zpse3a01923.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

• Like 30

Great build. I didn't realise Microsoft made decal film as well!

• Like 1

Thank you folks, kind comments much appreciated.

Very nice build, this is the scheme I am going to do, but the Airways vacform kit.

Look forward to that Kev, been following your Vanguard build. Excellent work, can't wait to see it finished.

Great build. I didn't realise Microsoft made decal film as well!

That made me laugh, didn't realise I'd written that :winkgrin: I've corrected it, but maybe if Microsoft did make liquid decal film they would change it every time you bought a bottle, and it wouldn't be compatible with earlier decals. s'pose with airliners you could use it on Windows though. I'll get my coat.....

• Like 4

Stunning work as usual John, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to lodge a complaint !

You seemed to have missed out the photo of the Britannia posing with something else ?

(I must have the family portrait for a complete fix :winkgrin: )

mike

• Like 1

Stunning work as usual John, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to lodge a complaint !

You seemed to have missed out the photo of the Britannia posing with something else ?

(I must have the family portrait for a complete fix :winkgrin: )

mike

Ok Mike,

Just for you :)

Brit9_zps5153fd3f.jpg

Cheers

John

• Like 2

That is a stunningly good looking model.

And yes. you're quite right about them being used far and wide on trooping contracts. Dad was posted Singapore on 48 sqn when I was born and it was a British Eagle Brit that brought Mum and me "home", with Dad following a day or two later with his Hastings

So a bit of a soft spot for this one, but biased or not, it's still a lovely job you've done there sir!

Thanks for showing

ATB
Rick

Oh dear Lord, you do realize that I'm going to have to have you shot.

I have built this kit twice, and have been thrilled with the result - then I see this - what actually was possible.

This, to me, is the strength behind britmodeller - one sees perfection and then strives to improve.

Magnificence!

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Aah, you just have to love the Britannia, a gorgeous shape.

I'm in the 'lucky to have flown in one club' too, back from exercise in Germany in 75 or 76.

Courtesy of 'Sitting Backwards Airways' for me after flying out in a sand and brown Herc.

The model, which is why we're here.

Absolutely wonderful model, and the Viscount too they make a magnificent set.

I'll just sit back here in the corner asking myself why I just cannot ever make a finish look as good as yours.

Thanks for showing it to us, I love it.

• Like 1