Great Patriotic War GB Chat

My thoughts exactly.....Would like to have built more, but still had some fun with what I did (which makes a pleasant change).  ;)

Really enjoyed browsing the many and diverse build threads in the GB, it's been hard to keep up with them all and it's run me out of 'likes' a couple of times too.....Magnificent effort by all!  :thumbsup:

Za Rodinu!  :viking:

• Like 4

My big two didn't make it, but I've actually completed more models for this GB than I have for all the other ones I've entered put together. I've had a great time and rediscovered my mojo. Huge thanks to everyone involved with organising, running and encouraging a fantastic group build :) 

Yes, thanks everyone - this has been my first GB, and it has been thoroughly enjoyable. I originally intended on making 2, but only managed to finish 1. Watching everyone elses builds progress was really enjoyable. Thanks to the hosts, and all participants for making it such a joy :)

A beautiful GB which has allowed me to understand something more about russian airplanes

Ettore

I feel the same as many here, I'd have loved to complete more than one model, unfortunately things went very differently.

In any case it was a great GB, with a lot of very interesting subjects. Thanks a lot to the hosts for making this possible !

1 hour ago, Brad said:

68 models completed, surely that is some kind of record?

Just what I was thinking Brad.

Could one of BM's "grown ups" or even Enzo  ;) tell us if this is the most successful GB so far ?

It certainly feels like it, congratulations to not only the finishers but as importantly all the others taking part and encouraging everyone else :cheers:

cheers Pat

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Brad said:

68 models completed, surely that is some kind of record?

Hi Brad. It is a lot but,  as far as I can remember,  the 'Less than a tenner' GB had 100+ models in the Gallery and the 'Battle of Britain' GB had 99. 68 is still a fantastic amount though!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Could one of BM's "grown ups" or even Enzo  ;) tell us if this is the most successful GB so far ?

I'm nowhere near grown up, but I'll still stick my oar in. :bleh:   As Stix said, there have been  a couple of GBs with more finishers, but not many.   It's not something I have been tracking but it might make an interesting diversion to look into the stats.  

But by any yardstick, this has been a very successful GB.  Credit should go to thepureness, Sgt Squarehead and Vppelt68 who have been very able hosts. :thumbsup: 

• Like 6

Yes, many thanks to the hosts and all the participants, it's been a great first GB for me. Didn't do as much as I'd wanted to after I stalled badly on my Emcha build, and I couldn't keep up with all the other ongoing builds, but there were some entertaining and informative threads, and plenty of fantastic modelling.

I didn't finish my entry (a Zvezda 1/72nd scale ISU-152), but it was still fun to do some work on armour, which I haven't done in a long time. I do plan on finishing my Zveroboi, once my writing schedule permits. Congratulations to everyone who was involved with this GB!

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Well, voting for this one's not hard or anything! :frantic:

Really difficult to pick just one winner. So many good builds, and brilliant variety. Well done folks!

• Like 1

Thank You to everybody involved in this GB. Some great results in the Gallery and many worthy WIPs. I lost my system minutes after my last post and have just got it sorted so was denied at the last gasp. One day, one day.

I have no idea what I'll be voting for as I'm rather impressed by the contenders and a little awed.

I'll echo other comments here, and agree that I really enjoyed this group build - I even finished something (not a first for me, but unusual).  I aim to finish my T70 later ...

On 07/10/2016 at 20:29, Alan P said:

Well, voting for this one's not hard or anything! :frantic:

Really difficult to pick just one winner. So many good builds, and brilliant variety. Well done folks!

I think other people have found that to be a problem too - by my estimate, as I write this,  35 people have voted, and 39 votes have been cast for models :o

I have just had another look through the gallery and GB in general, and have to say what a great array of models there are on display there. An awesome spectrum of talents, which has made voting in the poll enjoyably difficult. Well done to all for making this a superb group build, and thanks to the organisers. Cheers Greg ^_^

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Goodmorning everyone
A little while ago I received the official investiture about the victory of the GB; as I said at thepureness in private, i am very happy about that  and I thank everyone , it's always a pleasure to build something together, giving and taking tips and tricks and all advices of you ........
see you soon  at the next GB

Thanks again
Ettore :grouphug:

• Like 5