Great Patriotic War GB Chat

This has been a fantastic GB so far.

I'm very sad to say, my projects won't be ready in time due to work/family and magazine commitments but seeing all these builds has been fantastic

• Like 1

I'll add my voice to the 'won't get there in time' brigade. Haven't touched it for 8 weeks, won't get to it again for ages. Nothing new for me though. :/

Best of British to the rest of you who are battling onwards.

I'm very frustrated and sad to say I have to put up the white flag :sorry: .

For nearly 2 months now I have been mainly bedbound due to bleeding into my lower spine. I have blood clotting issues.

My body won't play ball, now I have issues with an enlarged spleen. So, after trying another sit at the bench tonight, I've decided to call it a day and finish my three LaGGs when I'm better and I'll enjoy it.

I have a couple of sets of photographs and updates to put on the WIP, I hope to do that as I have the old iPhone here in bed, it's proving extremely useful.

Thanks to the mods for all their work and encouragement, for all those that follow our crazy threads and good luck to those still forging ahead :thumbsup2: .

I'll try to link to a placeholder standard WIP before the GB thread is locked. 

Its been a truly great GB with just a fantastic standard and variety of models being built.

All best regards

Tony

• Like 2

Hi Tony, 

Terribly sorry to know you're still suffering from your health issues. I wish you a quick and full recovery.  Looking forward to your return to the bench and future build updates! 

Cheers

Jaime 

• Like 1

Thanks chaps that's very kind indeed :) !

We're lucky to have a great forum here, very supportive people. Always something interesting to look at and learn about too.

Carry on modelling :D

Best regards

Tony

• Like 2

Thanks Enzo :) 

Its good to hear the threads aren't locked, I don't know where I got the idea from. :confused: 

I miss actually doing something myself, I'm very much looking forward to getting back to it.

Thanks for all you do here at BM, the group builds are just superb events.

All best regards

Tony

• Like 3

Hey Tony - I hope you're feeling better soon!

To the mods or whoever is in charge here, thanks for extending the deadline to 1 October! I'm still working on my Yak-1b, but very slowly due to grandparental responsibilities. My daughter is away during the day and early evening learning to become a welder, so Grandpa has extra chores! :lol:

John

• Like 1

Hey Tony, get well soon.

--------------------

Welcome news on the one week extension to the deadline ... I must of missed the official announcement.

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2016 at 4:57 PM, TonyTiger66 said:

I'm very frustrated and sad to say I have to put up the white flag :sorry: .

For nearly 2 months now I have been mainly bedbound due to bleeding into my lower spine. I have blood clotting issues.

My body won't play ball, now I have issues with an enlarged spleen. So, after trying another sit at the bench tonight, I've decided to call it a day and finish my three LaGGs when I'm better and I'll enjoy it.

I have a couple of sets of photographs and updates to put on the WIP, I hope to do that as I have the old iPhone here in bed, it's proving extremely useful.

Thanks to the mods for all their work and encouragement, for all those that follow our crazy threads and good luck to those still forging ahead :thumbsup2: .

I'll try to link to a placeholder standard WIP before the GB thread is locked. 

Its been a truly great GB with just a fantastic standard and variety of models being built.

All best regards

Tony

Sorry to hear about the back and spleen, I know how painful debilitating that can be (from other people fortunately for me)

3 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

Deadline extended to 01 October? That's good news, I might well get mine finished in that case - thank you gents :)

Cheers,

Stew

I thought I was getting confused again, glad I wasn't.

• Like 1

On 20 September 2016 at 10:51 AM, TonyTiger66 said:

Thanks chaps that's very kind indeed :) !

We're lucky to have a great forum here, very supportive people. Always something interesting to look at and learn about too.

Carry on modelling :D

Best regards

Tony

Hi Tony

Hope you are back to your old self soon, and thank YOU, for all the encouragement you have given and continue to give others on this and other GB's.

Thanks to you I'm actually going to finish this GB, no really........ Oh come on guys that's not fair, I have actually finished one before, all be it a good few years ago ! :oops:

Take care mate.

cheers Pat

• Like 2

This has been great - congrats to all participants on some great subjects, including some really unusual ones. Many thanks to all those who have helped to organise and keep things running so smoothly.