Great Patriotic War GB Chat

I need to update that site, but actual book-writing gets in the way (at least that's my excuse). It looks like the Il-2 Modelling Guide mentioned may never actually see the light of day (pity as it's mostly written), its place taken by my full-blown historical book on the Il-2, as seen on my publisher's site -

http://fonthillmedia.com/epages/a72b332e-5c82-4e84-ad34-4c5316ee7a6b.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/a72b332e-5c82-4e84-ad34-4c5316ee7a6b/Products/978-1-62545-042-5

It does describe the kits I think are the best in the three main scales, but does not go into as great a detail as I would have done with my modelling guide. Nonetheless I'm available on this site for all questions Il-2-related.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, We have our dates 21st of may till the 24th of september. We have a good 6 months to raid the stashes and do our shopping, a nice amount of preparation time. looking forward to it.

Lets see some pictures of your planned kit to build

• Like 3

Hi ladies and gents

I want to put this forward to first of all, see if we have any objections to include the Soviet invasion of Manchuria in this GB.

Me and my fellow GB mods have been talking about the GB what what to include, this is something that was brought up in discussion,

While not officially a part of the Eastern Front operations, we feel we can include here because the commanders and much of the forces used by the Red Army, came from the European Theatre of operations and benefited from the experience gained there, and in many ways this was a 'perfect' operation, delivered with the skill gained during the bitter fighting with the Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe over four years.

Any objections?

Hi ladies and gents

I want to put this forward to first of all, see if we have any objections to include the Soviet invasion of Manchuria in this GB.

Me and my fellow GB mods have been talking about the GB what what to include, this is something that was brought up in discussion,

While not officially a part of the Eastern Front operations, we feel we can include here because the commanders and much of the forces used by the Red Army, came from the European Theatre of operations and benefited from the experience gained there, and in many ways this was a 'perfect' operation, delivered with the skill gained during the bitter fighting with the Wehrmacht and Luftwaffe over four years.

Any objections?

No objections from me, Manchuria was a flash in the pan.

I've drawn up some rules for the GB on the first post for everyone planning to take part in this GB.

These are not currently final and can be tinkered within the next few days, I'm mainly looking for any objections or anything I may have missed

• Like 3

This is what I'm thinking 1943 just after success of Stalingrad the push to Kharkov, I've found some pictures of dismounts advancing towards an industrial area. So these are the kits I'm going to use, with lots of homemade rubble a perhaps something German abandoned or I may try to crush somthing with the T34?

13a1280894acaa9dba16c8eb6fdfc2a4_zpsjhr7

b0d34b521cdc94f43b1a3564419d6bff_zpskoct

1428d8130d319550de08f8eeb91fc609_zpsyn1k

8a315c1184695ec629bbda63aab5ac00_zpsiyaf

• Like 1

Just saw this on one of the Facebook groups i'm on, right up this GB.

What I believe to be a Yak-1 pulled from the sea near Murmansk, restoration project for someone

FB_IMG_1450207356422_zpsyoso6gmc.jpg

• Like 5

Just wanted to say, the hosts are taking a very broadminded approach to eligibility for this GB, however we can and will remove any build threads that take the proverbial and going on past form it's likely to earn the offender a months posting vacation too, so please play fair folks. :coolio: