OKAYYYYYY Ladies and gents here we go for the WW1 anniversary gb thanks to Mish and for setting the GB up in the forum I will be co-hosting with Wyverns4 and Andywood I'll have a build up soon rules will be up soon also.

Have fun

Darren

I'll be joining with these if that's ok :)

P7150642_zps3cea509c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think some of the issues are holidays, shows I'm off to one tomorrow, work and if like me, daunted in that I'm building perhaps the most expensive kit I've ever bought. So not wanting to mess it up and I was thinking about only co hosting and not building as a result.

I had great intentions of building a Felixstowe for this GB, however work, building a house extension etc not to mention the D-Day GB with my son are forcing a less ambitious build, thinking about the Pegasus or Roden Albatros W4 Seaplane Fighter, has anyone built one and have any tips ?

Cheers Pat

I've built the late Roden W4 and a Pegasus DIII. The fuselage construction is similar in that there are four separate parts. The Roden struts are very much to scale and are very delicate. But it is do-able and well worth the effort. Main bug-bear, as usual, are the decal/transfers although they were much improved on the earlier kits. My Gotha GIII for example. All the crosses exploded on contact with water. With the W4 the crosses were ok along with the serial numbers but the upper fuselage lozenge was unable to conform and one look at the detail on the floats convinced not to bother with the float lozenges. The wing lozenges proved usable but even when varnished the edges kept chipping off as the aircraft was handled. Quite a bit of touching up with the hairy stick at the end of the build. Unless you're talking about the early version with varnished ply fuselage and cdl wings. I'd assume the decals may be a tad delicate and line up some aftermarket but the W4 is a nice looking aircraft to have on the shelves.

Regards, Steve

I will be joining after my holls next week but no Idea what to do.I could kick myself for not grabbing Trumpeter,s Dreadnought when it was on offer

at twenty quid last week at King Kit,always loved the Whippet tank and there are a few kits out there of it also like the look of some of eduard,s

1/48 WW1 aircraft.

I am in a quandary. I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with my current build so I am beginning to think what to do next, which will of course be for this GB. Question is what to build. I have a WNW Alb DV, WNW Tripe, WNW LVG, Encore Alb DII, Roden Alb DIII (OAW) and a Roden Dr1, but I don't know which one to do next. I could do the LVG, but I don't think I could finish it in time. I could do the Albs as a production line. There a couple of Tripe builds already, and I have no idea what scheme I would do for the Dr1. Any suggestions?

love too as it was the first WNW I brought and I have for loads of extras to go with it, some which is not commercially available, but I really don't think I would met the deadline