Another weary race car-Tammy's 935

As threatened in my GT-40 post, here's the first edition Tamiya 1/12 935, completed in 1989, to inflict on you. I have seen late reissues of this with the SMS PE upgrade sets and that makes this look the laughable work of a blacksmith. But I still enjoy to see it every day in it's case, even with slightly yellowed paint. Sort of adds to the aged, as-raced patina. This is the first car I practiced those techniques on and now I see it's got embarrassing flaws but I still love it. Like I forgot to clagg and brake-dust the wheels. :wall:

1_zps4abdb51c.jpg

2_zps35cbe596.jpg

12_zpsb66bf383.jpg

11_zps6495a5a1.jpg

You can see I crudely plumbed-in a fire suppression system and the dry sump hoses, batt cables and brake lines. The AN fittings are toy-like compared to what's available today, but I was a callow youth in my 40's back then. :shrug:

10_zps316257e9.jpg

7_zpsa4ea7c47.jpg

8_zps11316ba3.jpg

9_zps7974b9bf.jpg

Chipped, bug splattered and dust covered, endurance racers wear weathering and age much more than any other type of on-road race car-I love 'em.

13_zpsa09e5d67.jpg

An interesting comparison in 1/12: the GT (partially assembled) with the aged 935. Although born of a street car, the decade-newer 935 (raced in 1976) looks huge compared to the 1966 prototype GT.

14_zpsdbfe4e3a.jpg

I will affront your sensibilities no longer. :bye:

15_zps144b83e1.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...